Windows Phone ‘Tango’ Update Looking Like Early June

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
After delaying the release of the Windows phone update Tango from the end of April, it’s looking like the release will now be sometime in the early days of June instead. Don’t confuse the Tango update with the Mango update, since they are vastly different in nature. This one is actually supposed to work. If not, I guess the names could be changed to Mangled and Tangled.:D

Microsoft intends to use those lowered standards as an opportunity to bring Windows Phone hardware into local markets that are priced out of traditional smartphones.

...Don’t confuse the Tango update with the Mango update, since they are vastly different in nature. This one is actually supposed to work. If not, I guess the names could be changed to Mangled and Tangled.:D

:confused:
Don't know if this is merely playful banter or a truly clueless dig.

The Mango update (WP 7.5) is what really tied the room together. It's what Windows 7 is compared to Vista at launch. It's what Windows Phone should've launched with in November 2010. Yes, we had to wait almost a year for it due to carrier blocking, but I never had any issues with Mango (WP 7.5) working.

IDK WTF you are talking about with the Mango update failing.... you be talking out of your ass Domo.

To clear things up, the Mango update had some issues early on that were updated and fixed. It didn't affect everyone, but clearly had issues for some. Tango was held back because of issues also, the release was delayed until June to insure a smooth update right out of the box.

Mango was released on time and had a very successful rollout. The update was not mangled in any way.

Whats really keeping a good chunk of population off smartphones is not the hardware cost, it's the voice and data cost. Right now the minimum voice/data package from these carriers (in the US) is around $70-$80. I personally wouldn't want to pay that every month and not have higher end hardware to take advantage of these new services.

Microsoft is going to find themselves running out of things which rhyme with "Mango" before long, I would think.

Whoops, no edit.

As far as the Mango update being problematic, 90% of the problems were caused by Samsung. They made two different versions of the Samsung Focus (rev 1.3 and rev 1.4) and didn't disclose how different they really were internally.

So Mango would install fine on the v1.3 but would cause weird things to happen on the v1.4, and it looked like Samsung Focus's were dropping at random. They had to rework the update to account for what Samsung changed in the v1.4 handsets.

Mango user here, too. I was even part of the beta testing with it. Never had any problems.

Must have been a few important people that were having the problems. Us little people never had any issues. Mango really sealed the deal.

Now, Domo: Let's Tango.

I'm not sure if trying to be funny or...
Anyway, I got no problems with Mango, even got the latest update on my Lumia.

*cough* Now that you can Tango, why not bring in a little bit of Durango too? :)

Just because all other Windows Phone users are doing it, yes, I don't have any issues with Mango.

The overall perception of the Mango update I believe is that it was very good and the rollout was fairly smooth, there's always problems with updates for any phone but I didn't have a problem updating my two WP7 devices, even with one running the Mango beta.

The Mango update certainly went much better than the NoDa release.

the only issue i had was myself and my wife had the poorly supported 1.4 version of the focus, so we got the update several months later than everyone else. this was samsungs fault for not putting the effort into it though, not microsoft. i am thinking lumina when my upgrade comes

Pretty sure it was one specific firmware version of the Focus that had an issue, like 99% of the rest went flawlessly (except minor random chance) and it was considered a smoother rollout than any iPhone or Android update.

Back