Using A Curved Panel With 3D Projections

HardOCP News

[H] News
The idea of using a curved screen with 3D projections to add more depth is so simple, it is a wonder no one thought of it before. Hit the link for more images and an embedded video.

Believe it or not, the config really does make a difference, enabling a more immersive experience that makes 3D objects appear more realistic, assuming they're positioned in such a way that they're standing on the near-horizontal portion of the screen.

its been done for years
see IMAX 3D

IMAX 3D screens are not anywhere enars as curved up from the bottom as that display is and give that pop out from the screen effect he says his screen eliminates.

The spherical IMAX screens (not just curved, but the half sphere ones) have some wild acustic properties.

The idea of using a curved screen with 3D projections to add more depth is so simple, it is a wonder no one thought of it before. Hit the link for more images and an embedded video.

Why has no one does this before??

images

Time Traveler wasn't the only game that used this technique.. there were several others in the late 80's/ early 90's. My buddy ran a couple of coin-op arcades in the North Bay Area and I got to play games any time I wanted... was a blast.

Back