Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H

isai95

Limp Gawd
Is this motherboard a good choice for light work? I really like the price ($109.00 on Amazon) and the new features sata 3, USB3, still has a regular PCI, and supports the new processors. Any other options that you may want to recommend me please? Thanks.

Is this motherboard a good choice for light work? I really like the price ($109.00 on Amazon) and the new features sata 3, USB3, still has a regular PCI, and supports the new processors. Any other options that you may want to recommend me please? Thanks.

It depends basically on whether you are planning to overclock the CPU by more than a couple of hundred MHz. The GA-Z77M-D3H has absolutely no adjustable voltages whatsoever except for the DIMM voltage. This effectively limits that Z77 mobo to stock or near stock speed operation. But if you're going to be effectively stuck at stock speed, why use the Z77 chipset on that mobo to begin with? You might as well use the H77 chipset instead on that mobo.

As for the alternative choice of the GA-Z77MX-D3H, it has absolutely no legacy PCI slot whatsoever. Thus, if you want a Z77-based mobo from Gigabyte with both legacy PCI slots and the added features in the Z77MX, you will have to purchase a larger, full ATX mobo instead of a microATX mobo.

Wow that newegg link'd board has the best PCI 16x/1x combo I've seen on that size board!

Back