AMD's HD3D Eyefinity is incredible!

l88bastard

2[H]4U
This post is a little bit long so I will label sections if people want to skip babble:

My 3D backstory
I dabbled in 3D when I bought my first Samsung S27A750 monitor last year, but it was a finicky thing. I remember having to downgrade my driver all the way to 11.5b because that was the only driver which allowed proper "frame sequential" gaming. At that time, very few games worked properly in 3d and Mafia II was the only game that really impressed me.

Disenchanted with 3D but impressed with 120hz gaming, I bought two more A750s and ran them in 2D eyefinity for the last couple of months. After installing the 12.3 driver I decided to see what all the hub bub was about with "HD3D Eyefinity."

I installed the Tridef DDD software that came with my monitors, but was having a terrible time getting even one monitor to function properly in 3D. After a little bit of research, I discovered that the exclusive tridef software that comes with Samsung monitors is garbage because it doesn't offer near as many updates or features as DDDs commercial version. After installing DDDs free 14 day trial of their commercial version all I can say is WOW!

So far I have been able to get Skryim, Mafia II, Warhammer 40k Space Marines, Dead Space 2, Batman AA, Rise of Flight & GTAIV working perfectly. BF3 almost works perfectly, however, it still has a few issues with the sky & vehicle HUD overlays.

What HD3D Eyefinity is like on three screens:
Incredible....its incredible once you have the 3D settings dialed in right. Your vision spans nearly 180 degrees with amazing quality of depth perception while the monitor bezels really do melt away like very thin "A" pillar beams in a car. Take Skryim for example, every bump, nook & cranny of detail oozes out of the rocks, timber & flora in that game once you go 3D. I let my woman (who is not a gamer at all) try it out and she said “My God its like your really there! You are actually in the game!”

Warhammer 40,000 Space Marines 3D blew my mind! In 2D eyefinity it is action packed with butt kicking intensity...however 3D turns it up to EEEELLLLEVEN! The experience in 3D eyefinity is simply sublime as blood, missiles and Orc trimmings EXPLODE out of the screens with fervent intensity!

Rise of Flight is crazy because your entire plane seeps out of the screens and hovers above your keyboard like a Hologram! I have TrackIR 5 and the combination of Eyefinity 3D & head motion tracking is CREEPY GOOD!

Mafia II was my first 3D love and now the romance has been THREEWAYD LMAO

MY HARDWARE
Three Samsung S27A750 monitors
One Asus 7970 CUII overclocked @ 1200/1600
Intel 2600K overclocked @4.8ghz
Asus Sabertooth P67 with 8 Gig of dominator ram
Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit
Corsair SSD

Eyefinity 3D game performance:
By turning off all post processing, shadows and AA I am able to average 50-60fps per eye with all of the games I mentioned, with the exception of GTAIV....GtaIV brings me down to the low 20s which is unplayable for long durations. While some may scoff at the reduced graphical settings, believe me what you gain in 3D is far more impressive than what you sacrifice in image quality.

Final Thoughts

I still have to stress that 3D is not for competetive gaming...there is just way too much detail & visual information going on for your eyes to process which puts you at a severe disadvantage versus 2D players. I gave competitive 3D gaming a try with BF3, but I rambled like a gawking 3D tourist incapable of shooting the broad side of a barn lol. 3D Eyefinity is perfect for single player games like Skryim, Warhammer 40k Space Marines, GTAIV, and Mafia II. Games where you can chill and get lost in the world is where 3D eyefinity really shines.

I wish I could post pictures of some of the amazing scenes that I have seen with Eyefinity 3D, but unfortunately this is one of those things you need to see first hand for yourself :cool:

Last edited:
Hrmm I have not had very good experiences with 3D tech (not AMDs or Nvidias). I hated 3D with the PS3 in certain games and I jus wasnt impressed, especially after the headache kicked in.
But I will say that Im interested in seeing either Nvidias or AMDs 3D solution in person...
Maybe ill save up for a 3D monitor as well....

I'm running a similar monitor configuration (3xS27A750Ds) but with trifired 7970s. When it's working it's amazing. The best experience so far has been with racing games and MS Flight. Trifinity/HD3D on a trifire setup is freaking awesome, but there are so many bugs, glitches, tweaks, hangs, and general screwing around required to get anything to work that I'd hesitate to recommend it.

I'm running a similar monitor configuration (3xS27A750Ds) but with trifired 7970s. When it's working it's amazing. The best experience so far has been with racing games and MS Flight. Trifinity/HD3D on a trifire setup is freaking awesome, but there are so many bugs, glitches, tweaks, hangs, and general screwing around required to get anything to work that I'd hesitate to recommend it.

Thats why Im only running one GPU...I have had too many headaches with multi-gpu AMD solutions.

Is the CUII the one with 4x DP ports? I've tested with 2x DP and 1x DVI, but the screens are just a tiny bit out of sync so the one on DVI has some pretty nasty crosstalk.

But even still, it was ridiculously fun to mess around with. I need to pick us up a 7970 for some more testing, I'll see if I can't swing one with the proper number of DP ports for some true 3x 3D screen goodness. :)

Last edited:
Is the CUII the one with 4x DP ports? I've tested with 2x DP and 1x DVI, but the screens are just a tiny bit out of sync so the one on DVI has some pretty nasty crosstalk.

But even still, it was ridiculously fun to mess around with. I need to pick us up a 7970 for some more testing, I'll see if I can't swing one with the proper number of DP ports for some true 3x 3D screen goodness. :)

There's the CUII and also the MSI Lightning 7970 which is what I use. The MSI connects via 3 DP ports, and I am using Sapphire reference cards for the other 2 trifire members.

More power to you. My PC 3D experiences have sucked.

Could you elaborate on this? You're a guy who has probably seen damn near everything PC gaming has to offer and I'd be interested to hear your thoughts about it.

I've had a lot of struggled in regards to compatibility, driver issues, tweaks and hacks, etc to get the environment working, but when it's all working correctly I've found the results to be jaw-dropping. When you say it "sucked", is it in regards to the requirements to get it working, or the end result when actually playing a game?

I do not use it on my personal system but have used it on a wide range of NVIDIA and AMD test systems and demos.

l88bastard, have you tried Assassin's Creed II (assuming your software has it compatible)? My only setup is 3DVision, but that is probably one of the more fun games to play in 3D that I've experienced. Most 3rd person games I own are, come to think of it.

Glad to hear things in 3D gaming are advancing. My experience is limited to a 3D Vision demo setup at a local retailer (poorly configured running Half-Life 2) and while somewhat impressive it did not blow me away.

Down the road I'd like to get into 3D/EyeFinity, can't justify the cost or config twiddling right now. Hopefully there are also 120Hz IPS type displays in the future.

I had 3D back in the day when Nvidia came out with it the first time. This is before LCDs. You had to have 120hz refresh on your CRT and I think at the time I had a 21" Sony G520. I was basically blown away and had a lot of fun. Can't remember the one game I played but it was a lot of fun with 3D

l88bastard, have you tried Assassin's Creed II (assuming your software has it compatible)? My only setup is 3DVision, but that is probably one of the more fun games to play in 3D that I've experienced. Most 3rd person games I own are, come to think of it.

I haven't played ACII in a long time, but I just installed it on steam and it plays HD3D Eyefinity perfectly....it is very PUUURRRRDY in eyefinity 3D!

If you have a 3d monitor & tridef you can view this 3d photo I took in ACII
http://www.4shared.com/file/1aYr3KO5/0002.html

So... how did you get tridef to work in the end (display settings, etc)? You don't have to buy tridef to get the newest updates btw, just install the latest tridef over samsung's and you still have full access to it.

I've never been able to make frame sequential mode work in anything besides 11.5b (yes, did the clean installs, etc, frame sequential just stops working after I update 11.5b)

Lol you just told me that you don't need the retail version to to have full access then you tell me you cant get frame sequential to work with anything less than 11.5b. DUDE if you read my OP you would see that those problems clear up when you get the 5.2 retail version.

L888bastard can u try crysis 1 if you have it. I only get 20fps max on full detail. Im running 3 7970 dc2ts. They only run at 30% each... If they ran at 100 id b loving it. Skyrim is amazing but i only like playing on max settings which means i dip to 20 at some points. Waiting for next driver before trying again as most games bsod with 3 cards and eyefinity.

L888bastard can u try crysis 1 if you have it. I only get 20fps max on full detail. Im running 3 7970 dc2ts. They only run at 30% each... If they ran at 100 id b loving it. Skyrim is amazing but i only like playing on max settings which means i dip to 20 at some points. Waiting for next driver before trying again as most games bsod with 3 cards and eyefinity.

Crysis 1 looks excellent in eyefinity 3d...It has the perfect amount of depth & pop out. I think it is a much more beautiful game than crysis 2 and the 3D really reflects that. I knocked all settings to medium, shadows to low, no motion blur and I get 50-60 fps until you come out of the darkness to the dawn light on the beach....then the fps dips down into the 30s and fluctuates from 30-50. Its very playable, but for me I gotta average 50fps or more otherwise I start to get motion sick. So id say crossfire should make it very playable (if no micro-stutter exists).

Sounds like your cards are being bottleknecked by pcie 2.0....Vega had great success getting high gpu usage when he went from pcie 2.0 to 3.0 with his multi-gpu setup

Last edited:
Nah i have rampage iv extreme with pci3 16- 8- 8. Ill lower the settings and see. Cheers.

It's very rare that I read a post and get really excited and want to run out and buy shit, this post did that for me. WTF. Enjoy bro! I got kids and backyard renovation to pay for so my little HT upgrades will have to suffice for now. grrr.

I will look into the TriDef drivers though and see how things work out with the 7970 on my 50" GT30 plasma.

Some people just aren't impressed with the whole experience. I'm one of them but glad to hear someone is enjoying them :)

Nah i have rampage iv extreme with pci3 16- 8- 8. Ill lower the settings and see. Cheers.

You have to enable PCIe 3.0 in bios and registry I believe.

It's very rare that I read a post and get really excited and want to run out and buy shit, this post did that for me. WTF. Enjoy bro! I got kids and backyard renovation to pay for so my little HT upgrades will have to suffice for now. grrr.

I will look into the TriDef drivers though and see how things work out with the 7970 on my 50" GT30 plasma.
Ah you gotta take care of the important stuff first. Don't worry, the longer you wait the better the tech gets!

Some people just aren't impressed with the whole experience. I'm one of them but glad to hear someone is enjoying them :)
My setup supplies the best 3D I have ever seen....it blows movie theater 4K 3D Avatar away...it even blows IMAX away. It has that OMG, OMG, OMG factor! However, It does have some drawbacks due to the limitations of shutter glasses & minor crosstalk issues here and there, but the 3D effect is incredible in slim bezel widescreen gaming with games like Crysis 1, Dirt 2 / 3, Warhammer 40k Space Marines, Skryim, Assassins Creed II and many others that I am too lazy to list.

Last edited:
Just thought i'd chime in and give my thumbs up to HD3D eyefinity gaming..

I have been playing around with it for the last 10? months as I initially used it with the IZ3D driver and 2x6970s. Their driver allows for top/bottom page flipping 3D, so it works across eyefinity displays. Infact, I found it to be a better driver than tridef as it seemed to support 3D better, as in, no weird lighting/wrong depth issues. But their software hasn't been updated in nearly a year and I had to reformat my machine anyway which killed the licence.

Now, at the start of the year AMD released 12.1/2 which now supported HD3D in eyefinity and crossfire. Tridef also updated their software to allow for eyefinity so it was all systems go. The only real problem is that tridef specifically states that to get HD3D working under eyefinity all monitors must be the same and use displayport. Lucky for me I purchased 3x S27A950s so all was good. I still had my 6970s which meant that I had to use 2x DP and 1x DVI. It didn't really work as most of the time, the DVI enabled monitor would go out of sync and just display a non 3D image. Then about a month ago, I upgraded to an ASUS 7970DCUII with 4xDP. About another week later, I went and bought a normal HIS 7970 and crossfired it, as a single 7970 just cannot keep up the frame rates for smooth 3 screen 3D eyefinity.

Anyway.. the bottom line is, I have been gaming for the last 27 years and in all the time I have never been so awe inspired. It's like I was 12 again, and seeing Space Invaders on my mates Atari. What really gets me is in games like Dirt 3/F1-2011 is that the sidepods/interior of the car feels like its floating around you. With 3x27" displays (nearly 2metres wide across) it feels like you're in a 3/4 size car and is totally believable. Whenever I load up a sim, I just sit there in the cockpit and just sit in wonder at how detailed some of the models are, like all the buttons are pushable/usable. The 3D effect is very convincing.

I like to set mine up, so that I get the maximum amount of depth in a scene, but also like to have it 'pop', so that the steering wheel is floating in front of me. A lot of 3D content that I've seen on any number of 3D displays, usually has a flatness to it, where the 3D layer is only evident behind the screen. In Imax cinemas, if you've ever watched a CGI film, you'll notice that you get 'pop'.. I get the same thing but in games..

Currently I'm playing Skyrim, Dirt 3, F1-2011, Mass Effect 3, Rise of Flight.. I just can't possibly describe to you how good 3D is. It just transforms the whole gameplay experience.

That said, it does come with some annoying quirks. Namely, the samsung monitors have some sort of design fault where at any random moment you'll get a 'this monitor cannot display the iimage requested. Please set your display to 1920x1080'.. it'll come at the most random of times, and will instantly kill any 3D game currently being played. Also, for whatever reason, 1 of my monitors doesn't turn on the 3D mode automatically. I'll get into a game, 2 monitors will be in 3D mode, and the other monitor will be in 2D so i'll have to manually switch it. Sometimes the mode just doesn't turn to 3D, even after manually setting it. So you have to quit out of the game and reload it. Sometimes the glasses don't sync/turn on so you have to manually reset the bluetooth glasses. I do suffer from crosstalk but it's not that bad and you do get used to it. Yes, it's a pain but it's not a deal breaker.

3D isn't for everyone tho. My wife hates it, and even after 30 seconds of wearing the glasses she'll start to feel queasy and unwell. I don't have that issue, maybe I've just become immune to it as I can sit for hours without any ill effects.

As shown below, this is my setup. On one monitor I run a TV tuner app, so for me it's a complete media setup. Those that do have a 120hz screen and watch media on it should really check out SVP (Smooth video project). It's certainly transformed the way that I watch media as well.

6108493856_b037d77b6d_b.jpg

Hey Vladdo, basically everything you wrote above applies to my setup as well. I even get the same issue where one or both of the side monitors will not go into 3D mode (the issue never happens to the center monitor). However, I have found that I can fix the problem by toggling the problem monitor to switch from Displayport source to HDMI source and then back to Displayport source. Sometimes it takes me a couple of toggles before it takes hold and renders the proper 3D on the problem monitor. I find that its a much quicker solution than quitting /rebooting the game.

How are you getting Rise of Flight to operate? I get everything perfect, but it always crashes my system after 5 minutes of play. Also, do you get any micro-stutter with your crossfire setup? I sold my second 7970 two months ago because the micro-stutter was unbearable.

Hrm.. Do you get 1 monitor that comes up with the 'viewing 3d image' and yet it's still in 2D mode? You still have to go into the 3d mode on the monitor and manually select frame sequential?

I always put it down to perhaps a hardware problem.. maybe it's a software issue if its 1 monitor or the other and its only ever the side monitor.

I'll have to try switching it over to HDMI, it's just so frustrating having to quit/reload. It's nearly perfect, but not quite.. it'd make life a lot easier if all monitors switched and stayed in 3D until you unloaded the game.

How do you find HD3D titles? those that don't use tridef, ie BF3 & Deus Ex HR.. I find that native HD3D games are a bit of a joke, with no convincing 3D at all.. It just doesn't pop like tridef games.

Rise of Flight is fine. Haven't had an issue at all and was probably the easiest title to get working correctly. It doesn't quit etc.

I don't really have any issues with microstutter. If i'm playing a game and theres a cutscene with a long pan in it, I might get the occasional stutter but I put that down to all the background apps I have running. Maybe i'm immune to it.. don't see it.. or don't even suffer from it, but microstutter has never been an issue for me.

Yea I usually get a problem monitor that says its in 3d mode but its kinda not. Its weird cause its not in 2d mode either, rather its in a weird mode that hurts the eye to look at. Fortunately, I am easily able to fix the problem by cycling the monitor from displayport to hdmi and then back to displayport. Sometimes it takes a couple of tries but it fixes the issue. I believe the problem is a hardware issue on Samsungs end and not AMDs end.

So far I have been very impressed with HD3D titles and Tridef. BF3's native 3D is horrible, but I think it was designed for Nvidia cards which may explain the problem. My only problem with BF3 and tridef is the rendering of the sky...for some reason the sky is rendered all wrong....do you have that issue?

Hmm...maybe my rise of flight issue is on my hardware end...maybe it doesnt like my cpu overclock

Yea AMD microstutter has been driving me crazy since the 5000 series. I have tried every kind of crossfire variation and they all have failed me. I want to jump ship and try out trisli nvidia but Nvidia doesnt support frame sequential and Nvision doesn't support my monitors unless I want to give 3dtvplay a go.

These posts are motivating me to want 3D and/or 3-monitor setup sometime in the next few years for sure, sounds amazing when everything works properly.

Yea I usually get a problem monitor that says its in 3d mode but its kinda not. Its weird cause its not in 2d mode either, rather its in a weird mode that hurts the eye to look at. Fortunately, I am easily able to fix the problem by cycling the monitor from displayport to hdmi and then back to displayport. Sometimes it takes a couple of tries but it fixes the issue. I believe the problem is a hardware issue on Samsungs end and not AMDs end.

So far I have been very impressed with HD3D titles and Tridef. BF3's native 3D is horrible, but I think it was designed for Nvidia cards which may explain the problem. My only problem with BF3 and tridef is the rendering of the sky...for some reason the sky is rendered all wrong....do you have that issue?

Hmm...maybe my rise of flight issue is on my hardware end...maybe it doesnt like my cpu overclock

Yea AMD microstutter has been driving me crazy since the 5000 series. I have tried every kind of crossfire variation and they all have failed me. I want to jump ship and try out trisli nvidia but Nvidia doesnt support frame sequential and Nvision doesn't support my monitors unless I want to give 3dtvplay a go.

Yeah.. I've had that wierd 3D mode as well, it's not 2D not 3D as the perspective is all wrong.. i usually just quit/reload to get it to work..

I can get BF3 to work but only with HD3D, not tridef.. and it looks horrible. I didn't notice any issue with the sky.. I'll try it again on the weekend and report back.

Rise of flight is one title that gives me no issue, so it's probably an issue related to your setup.

I can't imagine how horrible nvidia's 3dplay thing must be.. interlaced or 24/48fps max.. it'd sure be a step backwards having come from a 1080p/60fps setup.. I really should check into how nvidias 3D surround works, but I can't imagine how much better it could be..

Dude, easy on the perspective distortions, are you a real estate photographer IRL, what lens is that ?

I like the distortion :) The lens is actually a sigma 12-24 on a 5d mark 2, so yes, it's quite distorted. I work in real estate advertising but not a pro-tog, more like a hobby.. I like gadgets :)

Lol you just told me that you don't need the retail version to to have full access then you tell me you cant get frame sequential to work with anything less than 11.5b. DUDE if you read my OP you would see that those problems clear up when you get the 5.2 retail version.

What I meant is, the license file (if one exists) for samsung tridef seems to work for the newer versions of tridef as well.

I've actually tried the trial version of the full retail version, that didn't solve my problems either.

That said, it does come with some annoying quirks. Namely, the samsung monitors have some sort of design fault where at any random moment you'll get a 'this monitor cannot display the iimage requested. Please set your display to 1920x1080'.. it'll come at the most random of times, and will instantly kill any 3D game currently being played. Also, for whatever reason, 1 of my monitors doesn't turn on the 3D mode automatically. I'll get into a game, 2 monitors will be in 3D mode, and the other monitor will be in 2D so i'll have to manually switch it. Sometimes the mode just doesn't turn to 3D, even after manually setting it. So you have to quit out of the game and reload it. Sometimes the glasses don't sync/turn on so you have to manually reset the bluetooth glasses. I do suffer from crosstalk but it's not that bad and you do get used to it. Yes, it's a pain but it's not a deal breaker.

I've heard that the "display out of range" issue is actually a cable problem, I've been tempted to get a new cable from blue jeans cable but I keep clicking "add to cart" on the other cables they have on offer .... :D

I do enjoy 3D vision works well for me but I don't really care much for 3D it has quirks in games that just bug me

The samsung version of tridef has a hardcoded licence file that imbeds itself into the registry when you install it.. hence why you can install the latest tridefs over the samsung version and it still works.. However, the samsung licence does not include the media apps that come with the full tridef software, so if you go to launch the media player, it just says that the licence is invalid.

I ended up buying the full tridef licence, just so I don't have to install the samsung version and to keep it nice and simple. It was half price anyway (~$25?) so i didn't really care..

As for the display out of range error being the cable, I get it across all 3 monitors, at varying times. It has done it from day 1 so I find it hard to believe its a cable issue. I've had 6970s before my 7970 and it did the exact same thing. I'd be interested to see if an nvidia card has the same problem, as that'd rule out the card. I did read that samsung advertised the s27a950 as a displayport 1.2 monitor, when it's actually a 1.1.. whether theres some compatibility issue surrounding that remains to be seen.

Edit: Going to try and source another displayport cable and see if it still has the same issues.. i'm not holding my breath..

Last edited:
Its not the display port cables....its the monitor. There is a reason why samsung discontinued the A750 series. When one of my monitors goes out of sync all I gotta simply do is change the eyefinity resolution in CCC or windows control panel and then revert it back to my native res. If it does it while I play a game I just cyce from DP to hdmi and then back to DP.

Oh I got rise of flight to stop crashing....my mobo BLK was OCd too high.

I'm trying to get my HD3D Eyefinity Setup to work, but I didn't purchase the Asus Direct CU 7970...

I instead purchased an XFX 7970 Ghz Edition with 2 mDisplayPorts and DVI-D...

Right now I'm running 2 Samsung S27A950D, one connected via DisplayPort and the other DVI-D... Eyefinity is working fine, however when I try to run 3D I am only able to sync the glasses to one monitor. I plan on getting my 3rd Samsung monitor for 3 x Eyefinity 3D, and will connect the second DisplayPort to that monitor.

My question is, how do I sync the glasses to all 3 monitors so I can get 3D on all of them, as of the moment only the monitor that the glasses syncs with is clear and the other only half 3d half blurry... I am aware that the DVI-D might go out of sync, but I plan using a DisplayPort to DVI-D adapter so I can use all DisplayPorts on my monitors... Will it work?

Here is the adapter that I purchased to activate the DisplayPort Connector on the monitor.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004443WSA

Will I be able to sync all 3 monitors with this setup?

XFX 7970: mDP -> DP : Samsung S27A950D
XFX 7070: mDP -> DP : Samsung S27A950D
XFX 7070: DVI-D -> Adapter (DVI-D -> DP) -> DP : Samsung S27A950D

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I was under the impression that you cannot use any dp->dvi adapters.. all monitors MUST be using displayport..

Happy to be proven wrong tho, but trying to find out could be an expensive exercise..

Since all my monitors are connected via displayport and are all the same model, I've had a few niggles getting all 3 to turn on in 3D.. But it does work, and you only need to sync the glasses to 1 screen, not 3..

If I were you, i'd get the Asus card, rather than spend good money trying to get it to work through an adapter.. Or, just buy the Asus and run it xfire with the xfx.. 1 card is simply not enough to run 3D eyefinity..

Vladdo, thanks for replying bro. I was planning on running 7970 Xfire as well, but I'm waiting for my budget to complete before making a purchase. At the same time I am waiting for the Asus Matrix 7970 to be released. I'm very eager to get all 3 monitors working in 3D... It's been a while since I have been slowly building this setup. It definately wasn't cheap, but I sure hope it was all worth it in the end.

At the moment I am waiting for my adapter to arrive to see if my DVI from video card to Displayport on monitor will work... Everything is running 120hz, but what I don't understand is why it doesn't sync in 3D. I hope changing my monitor input to Displayport will fix it. Worse comes to worse, I will just wait for the Matrix card from Asus and get 3 displayports to guarantee compatibility.

BTW Vladdo, your setup and threads online in various forums were one of the convincing reasons for me to make this project a priority in my life. I even have your desktop picture saved on my computer... Hehehe Thanks for the inspiration! I really hope this works and will keep me entertained in the days, weeks, months, and possibly years to come.

Ok tried and tested my methodology... Results = Fail

Monitor isn't getting signal. Will have to wait for Asus to release their Matrix 7970 so I can use all displayports.

To do HD3D Eyefinity do all three need to be displayport? Is there a way to use 3 S23A700D and run them at 120Hz?

Everyone seems to only get this to work using all Display Ports. Can't use DisplayPort + DisplayPort + DVI-D..

The 3D will only sync with one monitor at a time... I will test out my own personal DisplayPort x 3 when I get the chance... Purchasing my 3rd monitor within the week, and will purchase Asus Matrix 7970 as soon as it's available before the end of this month. Hoping it will work since I'm investing alot of money on this setup. So far DisplayPort + DVI-D will only work with eyefinity 120hz, but the 3D will not sync on both unfortunately...

I have also tried Videocard -> DVI -> Adapter (DVI -> DP) -> DisplayPort -> Monitor... and it didn't work. The adapter i'm guessing only works if used as DisplayPort Device -> Adapter (DP -> DVI) -> DVI Output Device

This is confirmed...

To do HD3D Eyefinity do all three need to be displayport? Is there a way to use 3 S23A700D and run them at 120Hz?

The typical limitations on HD3D (per AMD documentation) are either DisplayPort *or* HDMI 1.3 or greater/HDMI 1.4a preferred (or a mix of the two for EyeFinity) - naturally, 120Hz or better support is preferred for smoothness reasons.

*That* is why CrossFire is recommended for an HD3D Eyefinity setup - all too many adapters are *passive*, as opposed to active.

Back