FS: Macbook Pro 2008 2.5Ghz, 4GB DDR3 - $680

BMFX

Limp Gawd
Well everyone it has come time for me to part ways with my first Macbook Pro. It’s a 15-inch, 2.53GHz MacBook Pro (MB471LL/A). Its currently running Lion. Version 10.7.3 so completely up to date. The 2.53GHz was the premium top of the line 15 inch, and unlike the 2.4GHz models included the second nvidia graphics card (9600M GT), which gives you 512mb of video memory versus the standard 256mb (9400M).

Same model as shown here: http://www.amazon.com/Apple-MB471LL...7T7A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1334318366&sr=8-1

Quick Specifications.
Processor: 2.53 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo.
Ram: 4GB (2Gb x 2) DDR3 1067 MHz.
Hard Drive: 320GB Hitachi 5400
Graphics Card: 9400M (256mb) and 9600M GT (512mb).
For full specifications please refer to the apple page http://support.apple.com/kb/SP503?viewlocale=en_US

This laptop, is still amazingly smooth and effective today being three years old. I will ship with the charging cord, restore cd and any and all manuals i can find. (I believe i have them in the box i need to confirm that though - will know in a few hours). It’s a fresh install of Lion, and if the buyer would like i’ll set up a boot camp with a legal valid version of Windows 7 64-bit for free. Charger and Battery of course included.

Please excuse the iphone quality photos. Full album.
http://imageshack.us/g/710/screenshot20120413at456.png/

Currently there is the exact same model forsale on ebay at $725 + $20 shipping with 16 bidders and 6 hours left, so i am looking todo $680 shipped to 48 states - outside of that message me we’ll figure out the extra costs of shipping. Great chance to get a still current laptop , and enter the mac world (nearest comparable apple refurbished is $1000+) - perfect laptop for a teenager - don’t have to worry about AS many viruses =). It just takes getting past the bumps and bruises, all cosmetic.

Full disclosure: The laptop did fall out of a backpack, as such there is cosmetic damage to the right front corner of the unibody. Not too much, but enough you notice please look at the photos above (photo #6 and #7 show it the best.) That being said I’ve had the laptop and been using it for 9 months since the fall and its been running just fine, every diagnostic i’ve ran has came back fine.

The other minor flaw is that the battery is at the end of its life, it has expanded due to me keeping it plugged in almost 24/7 and needs to be replaced. With the battery in it puts pressure on the trackpad causing it to act strangely due to the expansion (a design flaw by apple). The best recommendation is replace the battery and you solve the problem, but if you’d rather not there’s two simple solutions i use.

Take the battery out and plug into the wall - simple and highly effective. What i’ve done myself.
Use a USB / Bluetooth mouse, and set it so when an alternative mouse is connect the trackpad gets disabled. (preferences panel.)

Please if you have any questions or concerns please message me or post here.
I do have a heatware its BMFX, there’s not a ton of reviews but there’s a handful all from hardforums, if you are concerned i can give you usernames of people i’ve done past sales with.

- John "BMFX" Mathews
Thanks for taking a look!

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Had a $655 offer, but fell through I am willing to accept that from anyone else.

- John. Would like to sell this fairly quickly!

Back