WD Ships Slim, Energy-Efficient HDD for Ultrabooks

HardOCP News

[H] News
Western Digital, a worldwide storage leader, today announced it is shipping the WD Scorpio® Blue™ 7 mm hard drive, the latest addition to its mobile hard drive family and the 2.5-inch drive with the lowest power consumption on the market today. Specified to a best-in-class 400Gs shock tolerance, the new single-platter WD Scorpio Blue small form factor hard drives are available in 500 GB and 320 GB capacities and the drives' compatibility with industry-standard 9.5 mm slots make them ideal storage options for mainstream notebooks as well as slimmer notebook and Ultrabook™ devices that require a 7 mm drive height.

Need more capacity. I am thinking that an ultrabook or some other slim laptop with touch enable screen will be next for me, but while I do want an SSD it'll be tough to make the switch to a smaller hard drive. I personally use 350gb of space on my 500gb laptop hard drive and I do not want to sacrifice that. External drives are nice but I do not want to rely on them.

You're a bit late for April Fool's day, Steve, or you posted it in the home page instead of in 10 Years Ago Today.
As if we'd believe there are still manufacturers who make HDDs for mobile computing in 2012... ^-^

Back