Enermax FulmoGT Jumbo Case Review @ [H]

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
Enermax FulmoGT Jumbo Case Review - Big, bigger, biggest. Enermax pulls out all the stops with one of the largest "desktop" computer cases on the market today. If expansion room, oversized HPTX motherboards, and plenty of cooling options are on your list of needs when it comes to a chassis, The FulmoGT may just fit the bill.

15 fans o_O The video made the stock 5 fans sound not much louder than my Antec 1200 with 7 fans in it.
Just a minor note, I was temporarily confused, and maybe I missed it, but perhaps labeling photos with the "standard" and "enthusiast" tag would be helpful. Maybe redundant, idk. It took me a moment to realize what I was looking at with the side panel wire management photos.
I enjoy that your review notes where coolers can be attached with a little bit of work, even though the manufacturer may not have intended for it. The color charts are helpful too.
I am glad that [H] decided to do case reviews!

I think your case review is outstanding. Showing the temps in different areas is helpful, as well as doing different test setups. Also does the external style remind anyone of the Coolermaster CM 690II? I keep looking at mine and I think so.

A guy I work with has this case.. I can't say I would ever buy it if I had the budget for an HTPX build. It looks very cheesy and the build quality just isn't very good once I poked around in it a little.

This case is essentially identical to the Blackhawk Ultra and several others using the same basic body.

The biggest (pun intended) advantage to the cases of this style is that there is really no other way to get a comparable internal volume and fan/radiator load out for anything close to the $200 price point. Look at what Silverstone charges or Mountain Mods or Case Labs. My TH-10 should be arriving today but at about $450 more (with no fans included!) than the Fulmo GT / Blackhawk Ultra, it was a really tough choice

It looks massive and tons of potential for modding. Just wish it had traditional dust filters.

It seems to be a common theme for all the case vendors that put in very few or partial filters and make them horribly inaccessible for people to clean. Do they think all of us work in a sterile environment?

I have this case and it really is huge, my SR-2 really looks normal sized inside it..

no extreme cooling needed with so much air flow, 2x5690 turbo to 4.18 and never go above 64c due to the huge mesh and I must have positive pressure as I've had no dust issues.

The opposite side of the coin is that the mesh doesn't stop sound in the slightest either and the occasional BF3 session on the Tesla is a better experience with earphones :)

Last edited:
A micro-ATX MB would look hilarious in that case.

I'm liking all the hard drive bays in it. Hmmmmm...

At that price point I'd expect easy to remove/clean filters. An extension 8 pin cable would be nice too.

Possibility of 10 fans? How about a fan power block?

Including wheels is very nice though.. This thing could be a back breaker fully loaded.

They took the styling of a CM 690 and frame layout of a 800D...new case ~1" bigger

Gotta say that was an awesome review !

Ditto, you guys did a really thorough job with CPU cooling compatibility. I also liked the temperature testing, it never occurred to me to load up a system with more components and see if it makes the rig run hotter.

All in all, I'm looking to forward to more case reviews, Steve. Keep it up! :)

I have only one thing to say about this case.

GOOD LORD! THAT THING IS HUGE!

At that price point I'd expect easy to remove/clean filters. An extension 8 pin cable would be nice too.

Possibility of 10 fans? How about a fan power block?

Including wheels is very nice though.. This thing could be a back breaker fully loaded.

I believe the Elysium variant of this case has a molex powered fan block, but the fan block was, for whatever reason, not mounted behind the motherboard tray.

Nice to see a different case maker venture into the giant case territory. I thought only Lian Li makes them. I still like Lian Li's full aluminum (no plastics) and understated look though like the PC-A70 I bought 3 years ago.

I do appreciate Enermax for recognizing that it's not enough to just go vertical, it's also important that the case is deep enough so it will accommodate full sized video cards especially with 3rd party coolers like Arctic Accelero Extreme series. I'm looking at you Antec.

Need Forklift.:eek: I can't believe someone made a steel case bigger than my 800D.

Jeebus, that's bigger than some people's closets in Manhattan.

Nice review.

Wow! Reading fail on my part. I thought it was aluminum. In this case, good thing it comes with wheels because good luck to your back if you try to lift it once you have everything installed.

I can just imagine this case as a media server with 10 2TB HDs. I wonder how much it's going to weigh.

A micro-ATX MB would look hilarious in that case.

I'm liking all the hard drive bays in it. Hmmmmm...

yeah the 10 hdd support is what is selling this case to me right now. its why i've always wanted the antec 1200 since it can hold up to 12 hard drives but with this case theres no need to buy those extra 5.25" to 3.5" hard drive cages.

Wow! Reading fail on my part. I thought it was aluminum. In this case, good thing it comes with wheels because good luck to your back if you try to lift it once you have everything installed.

I can just imagine this case as a media server with 10 2TB HDs. I wonder how much it's going to weigh.

i know my xclios windtunnel all steel case weighs in at about 70 pounds with everything in it. the heaviest case/setup i've seen was a build i did for some one that came in at just shy of 100 pounds using a cooler master HAF 932. so i'd say it would easily break 125 pounds with 10 hdd's and quad SLI/quad crossfire + NH-D14. hell you could probably break into the 150 pound range with water cooling. but at least you know it won't be easily stolen, lol.

Last edited:
It looks massive and tons of potential for modding. Just wish it had traditional dust filters.

It seems to be a common theme for all the case vendors that put in very few or partial filters and make them horribly inaccessible for people to clean. Do they think all of us work in a sterile environment?

That's one of the reasons I think I'd only give up my Antec P180 if someone pried it from my cold, dead hands. I have two Pembroke Welsh Corgis at home, and my case would be full of corgi fur without those dust filters.

Very good review. This was one of my choices I was considering on my recent case buy. I have a Mountain Mods U2-UFO that I used for about 6 years. Great case, but I needed more room on my desktop (literal), and I wanted something giant that I could set on the floor. I opted for the Black Ultra. I'm sure that it's the same chassis as this case. I got the BH for the simple fact that it has 3 230mm fans (side, top), and 140's on the front/rear. Much quieter than the 7 120's on the U2-UFO (yes, I had a fan controller). The one drawback is that it weighs a TON loaded opposed to the aluminum U2.

The BH was on sale at the Egg for $189.99. Another reason I bought it. Forgot that.

hell you could probably break into the 150 pound range with water cooling. but at least you know it won't be easily stolen, lol.
Indeed! Unsuspecting thief goes to pick that beast up, throws their back out, bam, thief caught since they are likely on the floor unable to move. :D

I bought that case for my latest home server build, the 10 HDD trays and motherboard space sold me on it, I couldn't fit my Areca ARC-1880IX-12 in my old Nine Hundred

Pros :
- Space, lots of it
- easy to work with, cabling is dead easy if you have the right PSU
- generous amount of tools and screw sets to adapt the case to your configuration
- 10 removable HDD trays FTW !
- cooling is perfect as is, maybe I'll add a couple fans on the HDD side mounts if things get hot this summer (8 3Tb HDDs tend to get a little warm xD)
- quite affordable

Cons :
- Cheap packaging : 2 of the top panel's 4 plastic fixation points were broken on delivery, the case was probably shaken a bit, glued them back
- Cheap fan controller, mine was DOA due to faulty soldering, It would power the fan leds but not the fans themselves. Had to fix it myself
- Next to no inventory at EU online retailers, explains why I didn't even try to send it back
- no HDD backplane option to facilitate hot-replacing raided HDDs, you have to hack one up yourself

Might be overkill with the fans.

I prefer fewer but larger fans. My current case is the Level10GT from Thermaltake

Enermax has gone the extra mile with its accessories by neatly packaging the assortment of screws in clearly labeled bags, including zip ties and Velcro cable management straps, fan adapters, and four locking wheels. The included manual is a bit skimpy but it gets the job done...in several languages.OVERALL THEY ALL EXCELLENT CASE

Back