Netflix Says Its PAC Has Nothing To Do With SOPA

HardOCP News

[H] News
Netflix has released a statement claiming its political action committee has nothing to do with SOPA. On a related note, Netflix has a political action committee?

An e-mailed statement by Netflix to San Jose Mercury News said the creation of the political action committee (PAC) had nothing to do with the Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA) or the Protect IP Act (PIPA). “Our PAC is a way for our employees to support candidates that understand our business and technology. It was not set up for the purpose of supporting SOPA or PIPA,” the statement says.

An e-mailed statement by Netflix to San Jose Mercury News said the creation of the political action committee (PAC) had nothing to do with the Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA) or the Protect IP Act (PIPA). “Our PAC is a way for our employees to support candidates that understand our business and technology. It was not set up for the purpose of supporting SOPA or PIPA,” the statement says.

They're right. Because it was set up for the purpose of supporting CISPA.

PAC has nothing to do with any bills. PAC is just a private group sponsoring, supporting, or endorsing a political candidate or leader. I've never been a fan of corporate PAC. Each individual in a company has their own opinion. I'd hate for my company to say, for example, they support Sarah Palin. I'd feel awfully dirty :-P

PAC has nothing to do with any bills. PAC is just a private group sponsoring, supporting, or endorsing a political candidate or leader. I've never been a fan of corporate PAC. Each individual in a company has their own opinion. I'd hate for my company to say, for example, they support Sarah Palin. I'd feel awfully dirty :-P

Want to feel more dirty??? Try Bachmann, she is waaay crazy compared to Palin.

If they have a PAC, they need to set it's sights on the ISP's. The ISP's are what is going to break Netflix, not customers.

You can't have customers if their ISP's are punishing them with limited bandwidth caps because they aren't cable TV customers. And IMHO that is exactly what's happening. It doesn't have shit to do with "Hogs".

^^ Good way of putting it, I hadn't thought of it that way before....Akin to VZ re-bundling POTS in order to get DSL (going back to ~2003 again are we?).

Being in big business in the US means making nice with your elected officials, and making nice means giving them lots of money. This is why we need major tax reform and increased visibility of proposed bills.

Back