Intel 7-Series Chipset Debuts

HardOCP News

[H] News
The new Intel® 7-series Chipset family is now available and shipping in mobile and desktop OEM systems and motherboards worldwide. These new chipsets provide the companion logic to the 2nd Generation Intel® Core™ processors today and will support the 3rd Generation Intel Core processor family (codenamed Ivy Bridge) later in Q2. They also integrate USB 3.0 and enable responsiveness technologies like Intel® Smart Response, Intel® Smart Connect, and Intel® Rapid Start in desktop and mobile platforms. Intel is also introducing several desktop motherboards that feature the new Intel 7-series Express Chipset.

Why give us a chipset and then no ivy chip to test it out with? Should be released at the same time. I am trying to decide between the X79 i7-3820 and the Z77 i7-3770k. Getting frustrated with the wait.

Why give us a chipset and then no ivy chip to test it out with? Should be released at the same time. I am trying to decide between the X79 i7-3820 and the Z77 i7-3770k. Getting frustrated with the wait.
First World Problems

Me too and Microcenter now has the i7 3820 for $269 plus $40 off mobo's !!!!

I can't see anything a z77 will do that a late version z68 can't?

OK so why did Intel name the x79 when it's actually a 6 series chipset with a few other features? It's confusing to say that h/z77 is 7 series but x79 is not. They did the same thing with x58, which wasn't really 5 series.

First World Problems

What does this nonsense even mean? Pure troll.

We live in the first world buddy. If you're so self-hating about it, please go live a third-world country and actually walk-the-walk.

What if your refrigerator broke down, and all your food spoiled today. And then, when you tell someone, they say "first world problems, in Africa they don't even have refrigerators". I bet you'd rage.

OK so why did Intel name the x79 when it's actually a 6 series chipset with a few other features? It's confusing to say that h/z77 is 7 series but x79 is not. They did the same thing with x58, which wasn't really 5 series.
i7-3820, i7-3960X and 3930K also begin with 3 and being a 2nd gen CPUs

What does this nonsense even mean? Pure troll
It means that a grown man whining like a two year old because he's 'frustrated' that he has to wait a whole 3 weeks to buy a piece of hardware is pathetic. Wouldn't you appreciate having that buffer to read the various Z77 reviews using SB parts instead of having one giant clusterf**k on the 29th where you're not sure which motherboard is a lemon?

/edit: Good job going nowhere with that refrigerator story btw.

It means that a grown man whining like a two year old because he's 'frustrated' that he has to wait a whole 3 weeks to buy a piece of hardware is pathetic. Wouldn't you appreciate having that buffer to read the various Z77 reviews using SB parts instead of having one giant clusterf**k on the 29th where you're not sure which motherboard is a lemon?

/edit: Good job going nowhere with that refrigerator story btw.

+1 LOLOLOL!

Really, it's not that bad. Plus it's just a joke. Helps you put things in perspective. No one should rage over three words, sheesh. Three more weeks and you can have your IB. Atleast, his food is still fresh and he doesn't have to walk 3 miles for a bucket of water.

What does this nonsense even mean? Pure troll.

We live in the first world buddy. If you're so self-hating about it, please go live a third-world country and actually walk-the-walk.

What if your refrigerator broke down, and all your food spoiled today. And then, when you tell someone, they say "first world problems, in Africa they don't even have refrigerators". I bet you'd rage.

Umad? You seem mad. Take a joke bud. Don't go getting all offended on the internet.

Getting offended on the internet is a first world problem.

I guess the Core 1 or Core 2 duo/quad series were irrelevant to the Core naming convention? lol

One day, when I'm emperor of everything. I will make it illegal to post unless you actually have something positive to bring to an issue.

First World Problems.... yeah, that helps. Great assist..... Follow ups were really taking the high road as well.... Why can't people just not post if they don't have anything value added?

Back