Intel Z77 Chipset Motherboard Review

HardOCP News

[H] News
The gang at Overclockers Club took a couple Intel Z77 chipset motherboards out for a spin today. How well does the Z77 chipset stack up to Z68 boards? Hit the link to find out.

Overclocking the MSI Z77A-GD65 was more of the same type of Sandy Bridge overclocking we have seen in the past on the Z68 as well as the P67 platform with simple bclock and bclock multiplier adjustments to creep up on the highest possible clock speed. This of course continues to be a limiting factor in how far your chip will overclock. The MSI Z77A-GD65 proved to be fully capable of delivering an overclock similar to what I have reached on Z68 and P67 boards in the past with the test CPU.

I'm a little underwhelmed. Maybe it will be more interesting when the Ivy Bridge processors are slapped in.

Why would the Z77 show any difference in performance when a number of its features are locked on the processor like PCI-E 3.0? Until the 3rd generation Intel® Core™ processor launch we'll have to wait on seeing what the z77 chipset can really do.

Maybe I'm just misreading but at the end of the article it's a little over 5.1 in the picture (625mhz, although it looks like it is at 1.48v) when he did it with their OC program.

Maybe I'm just misreading but at the end of the article it's a little over 5.1 in the picture (625mhz, although it looks like it is at 1.48v) when he did it with their OC program.
Your right I didn't notice that, Newegg has had three different prices for this board today lol..224....279 and now 239 :confused:

Back