Amazon DD sale is ridiculous! 150 games on sale!

cageymaru

Fully [H]
Amazon has 150 games on sale.

SteamWorks activation list. First link!

Deus Ex: Human Revolution is 10.19. SteamWorks!
Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance is $4.99. Seems this no longer gives 2 keys in Steam. Bummer.
ArmA 2: Combined Operations is $9.99. Thank Porter for the heads up on that!
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is $7.49. Macintosh version and is NOT SteamWorks.
Crysis 2 is $7.49.
Dragon Age I Ultimate Edition + Dragon Age II in a combo pack for $9.99.
Serious Sam 3: BFE for $12.00. This game is fun and the other Serious Sam games are on sale also.
The Darkness II is 12.49.
LA Noire is $4.99.
Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War II Retribution is $9.99. Terrific game!
Shift 2 - Unleashed is $4.99. Don't forget your free DLC from Origin.
Grand Theft Auto 4 is $4.99.
Darksiders is $4.99.
Saints Row: The Third is $24.99. Terrific game!
F.E.A.R. 3 is $9. Physical copy. Thank TheBluePill!
Bioshock 2 is $5.84. Thank DizConnected. :)
Do not purchase "The Saboteur". Does not work with newer AMD cards even after the patch.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Niiiiceeeeee. I'd buy L.A. Noire if it was Steamworks.

Wonder what the MP community for HomeFront is like. I played it on my PS3 and enjoyed it. Wouldn't mind getting it for the PC.. If it was $5 I'd get it for sure but I haven't seen it below $9 yet..

I have fun playing Crysis 2. The new Directx11 high res patches look awesome.

Wonder what the MP community for HomeFront is like. I played it on my PS3 and enjoyed it. Wouldn't mind getting it for the PC.. If it was $5 I'd get it for sure but I haven't seen it below $9 yet..

I did not enjoy HomeFront at all, but I only played the SP campaign.

This is why I love Amazon. I purchased Stalker from this sale thinking it was activateable on STEAM. Well it's not. I emailed them and asked about a refund, thinking it wouldn't happen and knowing totally that it was my fault. 15 MINUTES later, refund credit to my Amazon account.

No questions asked! Love Amazon!

Picked up the Darkness 2, heard the developers patched in an FOV slider.

Picked up Darksiders. Thanks!

Need to get Crysis 2 also. The Dawn of War titles are killer. Space Marine ROCKS.

Saw a bunch of 360 and PS3 games on sale too, listed up on Amahunt.com .

That is completely useless. The steam list of retail games all say "key in this format"
We have no idea what format the keys are from Amazon until we buy the game.

If it's on that list and sold on Amazon it activates on Steam. Obvious exceptions to those titles with exceptions listed next to them.

That is completely useless. The steam list of retail games all say "key in this format"

Is this a serious post? All that Steam page tells is you what games can be activated on Steam and what the key will look like. I'm pretty sure they just email you the serial key and you copy/paste to Steam.

It's not that hard.

just snagged Rise of Flight: Iron Cross Edition. $10.

Been wanting a good WW1 flight sim for a long time.

FYI, this developer sells *a lot* of DLC for this game in the form of flyable planes, customizations, etc. The ICE version gives you nine flyable aircraft- versus the Demo/F2P version of RoF that only gives you two.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
FYI for anyone looking for cheap copies of CoD4, you can use the key code that comes with the Mac download on PC installations.

FYI for anyone looking for cheap copies of CoD4, you can use the key code that comes with the Mac download on PC installations.

Could you elaborate on that? The Steam list says it doesn't take those codes. So where do you get the downloader for the PC version?

Well that is the only list that I know that you can determine if your key will work on Steam. I'm sorry if I couldn't be more helpful with figuring out if a game is Steam compatible. If you have a better link for a Steam compatible retail list I'll add it to the OP.

Is this a serious post? All that Steam page tells is you what games can be activated on Steam and what the key will look like. I'm pretty sure they just email you the serial key and you copy/paste to Steam.

It's not that hard.

Yes, I'm serious. Game keys come in different formats. A retail game key may have a string of characters or a pattern that a digital copy would not. Like I said previously, we have no idea of the key format from Amazon, so even if the game is on the steam list, when it has the words "in this format" next to it (all the games do), then if your key is in a different format they it may not work.

It'd only be 100% certain when somebody reports the key they bought on Amazon works for a particular game.

Could you elaborate on that? The Steam list says it doesn't take those codes. So where do you get the downloader for the PC version?

I didn't try in Steam, just with disc-installed versions of CoD4. I run a small casual adult CoD4 clan and sometimes give legit key codes out to friendly/mature/respectful players I run across who have downloaded non-legit copies of the game so they can play in PB servers and get away from the cheat-heavy crowd.

Edit to add: just checked and can verify that they do not activate in Steam.

Yes, I'm serious. Game keys come in different formats. A retail game key may have a string of characters or a pattern that a digital copy would not. Like I said previously, we have no idea of the key format from Amazon, so even if the game is on the steam list, when it has the words "in this format" next to it (all the games do), then if your key is in a different format they it may not work.

It'd only be 100% certain when somebody reports the key they bought on Amazon works for a particular game.

Ok. Well just read the thread and ask is best advice i can give you then. :)

If an Amazon key didn't work they would list it as an exception next to the game. Once in a great while you'll see a game where a version in another country will use a different format. That is incredibly rare and the key formatting is likely mostly there in case a key doesn't work and you can check if the key you got was a correct one.

I didn't try in Steam, just with disc-installed versions of CoD4. I run a small casual adult CoD4 clan and sometimes give legit key codes out to friendly/mature/respectful players I run across who have downloaded non-legit copies of the game so they can play in PB servers and get away from the cheat-heavy crowd.

Edit to add: just checked and can verify that they do not activate in Steam.

Well that's cool to know. Maybe that helps someone else.

Picked up Saints Row 3, activates on Steam just like it should according to the list the OP provided.

Picked up GTA IV, doesn't activate on Steam, and it wasn't on the list.

:cool:

I don't think I've ever run into this or even heard about someone else having that happen. What would be the point of that? Do you know how hard that would be to keep track of? When someone develops a game, and creates the license key structure. It would be the same for digital or retail.

Have you honestly run into this?

Crysis 2 and The Saboteur both activate in Origin, but not on Steam. It's too bad... Origin sucks so bad, but oh well, for the price I'll live with it.

eh, maybe it's just the nit-picking side of me having a bad morning. Microsoft has done that strategy for a long time. It's how they recognize an OEM key from a Retail key from a Technet Key, from a student key.

I don't think it's a stretch for a game company to do the same. No, I haven't ever run into it because I have primarily purchased my games for the past 5 years during steam sales. Rarely will I purchase a retail copy and I only have two Amazon digital games.

It's not any different than Microsoft providing different keys for Home, Pro, OEM, and Volume License customers. there's a difference between Keys being sold and Keys being activated. It's all about tracking for the marketing folks.

I'm almost 100% sure those Microsoft keys are in the same format. Meaning xxxx-xxxxx-xxxx-xxxx or whatever. They just have different formulas to differentiate. A different format would be xx-x-xxx-xx-xx. That's not what they do.

eh, maybe it's just the nit-picking side of me having a bad morning. Microsoft has done that strategy for a long time. It's how they recognize an OEM key from a Retail key from a Technet Key, from a student key.

I don't think it's a stretch for a game company to do the same. No, I haven't ever run into it because I have primarily purchased my games for the past 5 years during steam sales. Rarely will I purchase a retail copy and I only have two Amazon digital games.

Microsoft does it that way to control the number of activations and to control key usage. For games that activate on Steam that is not required since the key can never be activated more than once. The only time I can see it happening now days for games is on German versions of games that are censored. However even in those cases it seems like the key formatting stays the same it's just that specific keys are registered to the German version.

Back