Far Cry 3: First In-Game Multiplayer Footage

Experience points, controls aimed at the console, Ubisoft.

My expectations for this game have been met.
I am sure some will like it, and if they don't, it will be the fault of those, dirty, evil, copyright infringing, PC gaming bastards.

Top comment on youtube:
Day one pirate

That really made me sick. Doesn't matter what you think of the game of Ubisoft as a whole, people with ambitions and emotions still make those games, not droids. And when they go online to see what people think of their creation the last thing they want to see are comments like that, joke or not

Top comment on youtube:

That really made me sick. Doesn't matter what you think of the game of Ubisoft as a whole, people with ambitions and emotions still make those games, not droids. And when they go online to see what people think of their creation the last thing they want to see are comments like that, joke or not

I might agree with you if Ubisoft wasn't infamous for implementing bullshit draconian DRM that makes the games easier to play when pirated.

Ubisoft sucks. Their games aren't even worth pirating.

And I agree with Steve, the MP in this game looks incredibly mediocre. Does every FPS have to try and imitate CoD/BF3-type multiplayer nowadays? :rolleyes:

That just looks so uninteresting. Like previous Far Cry and Crysis games, I will stick to SP

Top comment on youtube:

Doubt it. Pirate will have to wait until the second day after release while the new DRM scheme is cracked. Meanwhile, the legitimate purchasers of the game will have to submit blood samples every time they want to play the game so the DRM can verify that only the original purchaser is playing the game. :p

Like the YouTube comment says, "Call of Battlefield 3"

I enjoyed Far Cry 2 for my own reasons. And it wasn't for multiplayer. I'm looking forward to the single player for FC3. The protagonist seems like a pretty interesting dude.

Top comment on youtube:

Sorry, but I don't invest in the developer's feelings. I invest in a product that works the way it should without treating paying customers like thieves.

When will they learn you don't beat COD by being COD and you don't beat BF3 by being BF3. Come up with your own god damned ideas because you're never going to do it better than the original.

it doesn't even look like its a different game, it offers nothing original (as far as i can tell) and looks to be a copy paste, hell, the graphics are even at the SAME level as every other game out now

basically "HEY GUISE LOOK AT THIS "NEW" GAME!"
/re-skinanyfps

one-shot-one-kill semi-auto rifle, think I'll pass. I mean is ADHD so prevalent these days that having to shoot someone twice will kill the sales? I know IRL guns can kill in one hit, but that makes a suck ass game to play against someone with that kind of weapon in a game.

I liked the graphics.
The weapons seemed solid.
The sound was good.

I'll play SP, but it's same-old, same-old as far as a MP game style. Nothing new.

First thing I noticed was the console controls, and I felt bad

Second thing I noticed was this games "Running" speed is less then one third the speed you run at in quake 1, and in comparison, about 20% slower then BF3s' run speed

Yeah, this will only appeal to console kiddies, nobody else

I am still trying to figure out how to press both the thumbsticks on my keyboard to initiate a battle cry.

That just looks so uninteresting. Like previous Far Cry and Crysis games, I will stick to SP

I'll stick to SP because I'm an old fart who apparently doesn't have the reflexes of the 12 year olds who are playing this game marked M for mature...

Although I do hope they make some automated "bots" so you can play those capture the flag missions solo.... ha who am I kidding, AI for ubisoft *snicker snicker*

Oh I don't know, doesn't look THAT bad...... I mean this is just an alpha right? And things could change, it could become original! And..... um..... instead of bombs and missiles they use barrels and can shout stuff! Totally different......

Ok, so it's Far Call of Battlefield. It could be worse. It could base it's multiplayer off of Turok......

Sweet Call of Battlefield 3...no thanks.

What happened to the floating cities in the sky, epic sea-do fights, hang gliding, predator mode and epic user made castles Ubisoft? In other words what happened to everything that made Far Cry Instincts amazing?

100% step back for Far Cry multi-player. FC2's was total meh compared to the epic user created map filled FC:IP on 360.

The HUD sucks. The screen is filled with numbers and words, which look really annoying and ant-cinematic.

I think the air support is stupid. I know they substituted military explosives with stuff like exploding barrels, but still. It looks just like a bunch of pirates fighting in the jungle. I'm pretty sure they don't call in air support. It should be more primal and cinematic and less like Call of Duty.

Top comment on youtube:

Doesn't even look worth pirating, does it. :)

I enjoyed the second game. It had a few quirks but was a nice shooter. Never tried the MP.

The MP in this doesn't look like anything special. But I will assume it is not the games strong point.

I see the still have the charging handle and ejection ports on the opposite side. Something I'll never understand... seems like more work to essentially reinvent a 3D model than it is to just copy it. Odd thing is in FC2 the FAL's handle was on the left, when the real thing has it on the right. :p

What is the planned DRM scheme on this one? Is Ubi pulling the "always online, always active, doesn't actually stop anyone but paying customers" DRM? Or are they maybe going with just Steamworks or something lighter?

i agree, looks like the same as all of the other boring ass FPS's out there.. i miss the old days of the great arena shooters.. i wonder if there will ever be any evolution in fps's or will is just be the same shit with better graphics

Just watched the vid, and FC3 Multiplayer lacks... Originality

That was absolutely the most boring FSP MP video I have ever watched... The "Reloading!", "Almost out of ammo!" and "Out of ammo!" are really annoying.

Looks pretty meh, which is a shame when you consider how the original far cry was pretty defining of gaming back then.

Pfff... I've played this game before for free. It's called Battlefield Heroes. Lame. Pass.

Back