Yahoo To Lay Off Another 2,000 Employees

HardOCP News

[H] News
Yahoo is laying off another 2,000 employees. Eventually, the company will be just two people, the CEO and the guy that is going to replace him.

The housecleaning marks Yahoo's sixth mass layoff in the past four years under three different CEOs. This one will inflict the deepest cuts yet, eclipsing a cost-cutting spree that laid off 1,500 workers in late 2008 as Yahoo tried to cope with the Great Recession.

Cope with the Great Recession? It couldn't be that they couldn't develop and compete with Google and Microsoft and decided to lay down arms instead of coming up with something new?

No wonder they're failing as a company. Even in their death throes they refuse to see the truth.

I said way back in 2008 that they should have taken Microsoft's money and ran!

I said way back in 2008 that they should have taken Microsoft's money and ran!

So true. I really feel that the writing has been on the wall for yahoo for some time now, yet they kept on chugging.

Looks to be the result of lack of vision by their CEO(s)...

And the big Yahoo! hiring push will begin in about 6 week. (Note that the employee count has been at 14,000 each time they had a big layoff, 3 over the last 5 years?)

I've been trying to get my parents to ditch their yahoo account. Maybe this will help.

You don't Yahoo something, you Google it. Or if you're on Hawaii Five-O you Bing it. :D

Back