The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim Updated on PC Only

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
The latest patch has gone live for Bethesda’s hot-selling role-playing game The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim, but as to be expected, it is only available for PC players. For those playing on the Xbox 360 and PS3, the game remains at version 1.4. PS3 players in particular still have reason to be sore because that version still has some memory bugs.

April fools! Bethesda doesnt care about PC players

Bethesda cares about making money and as long as the PC platform continues to make them money they will continue to at least give a little bit of a damn.

Last Bethesda game I've played was Fallout3 (PS3) great game, loads of bugs and the GOTY version rendered my 150hour game unusable.

Swear I'd never buy another of their game and I see I was right to do so.

Last Bethesda game I've played was Fallout3 (PS3) great game, loads of bugs and the GOTY version rendered my 150hour game unusable.

Serves you right for playing on a console.

I'll have to go find the patch notes.

Games as large as the ones made buy Bethesda are very hard to track down bugs. How long did it take someone to beat Fallout3? Chances are the person would have played well past what would be considered acceptable play time.

In Skyrim, nearly every quest chain can be considered it's own game. So I can understand why there's so many bugs. The PC is just much easier to get patches out. Mainly because the community knows about the bugs and has a lot of work arounds for them. So these bugs are easier to track down and fix.

On a console, if there's a bug then you either ignore the quest or wait for the patch. This is what you get for having a game console with a hard drive and a internet connection. Developers are allowing to release games earlier and leave it to patching. Also, this allows developers to pump mass amounts of content without having to wait months for play testing and bug fixing.

Your loss, Skyrim is an awesome game.

Having read more than the first two sentences, I know that Bethesda sent out the PS3 and XBOX patches 10 days ago, but Sony and Microsoft haven't gotten around to verifying them yet.

Not that I'm defending Bethesda's quality control. I won't be buying Skyrim until the community is done patching what Bethesda never gets around to fixing, just like all of their other games, which means about 2, maybe 3 years from now, so I won't be out more than $10 or $20 on the game.

Having read more than the first two sentences, I know that Bethesda sent out the PS3 and XBOX patches 10 days ago, but Sony and Microsoft haven't gotten around to verifying them yet.

Not that I'm defending Bethesda's quality control. I won't be buying Skyrim until the community is done patching what Bethesda never gets around to fixing, just like all of their other games, which means about 2, maybe 3 years from now, so I won't be out more than $10 or $20 on the game.

this

Your loss on a great game...

I played 200 hours on the buggy PS3 version but then restarted on the PC version since it was much better in every way. I just hit 100 hours on the PC now and am not having any bug problems. :D I still don't regret playing that 200 hours on the PS3 however. The game is wonderful!

Your loss on a great game...

I played 200 hours on the buggy PS3 version but then restarted on the PC version since it was much better in every way. I just hit 100 hours on the PC now and am not having any bug problems. :D I still don't regret playing that 200 hours on the PS3 however. The game is wonderful!
Agreed, Skyrim is even worse than Diablo when it comes to the crack-cocaine for the mind factor. It's like a can of Pringles, once you pop youuuuuu can't stop!

Serves you right for playing on a console.

:confused: Wow... Yeah sure serves me right... What an idiot!

The PC vs console war is so stupid and pointless. The problem here isn't the version I chose, but the fact that Bethesda makes buggy products and they don't care about their customers (which ever platform they choose).

The PC vs console war is so stupid and pointless. The problem here isn't the version I chose, but the fact that Bethesda makes buggy products and they don't care about their customers (which ever platform they choose).

Agreed, we cant act like idiots as its only hurting ourselves (gamers). Regardless if a game is made for PC or console shouldn't matter, what should matter is that its actually worth our money!!!

What I like about this post is the simple fact that you played a game for 150 hours.

And you still bitch about it.

Most games are lucky to give 10 hours. You got 150 hours before it fucked up.

150 hours. 10 times most games out there. For the same price as those games. Yes, it ate shit. But you still got 150 hours out of it. 150 hours.

See the stupidity? You should leap over walls to buy another of their games, because even if it eats shit 70 hours in, you'll still get so much more time and enjoyment from it out of most games. You'll get 7 times the enjoyment from it before it craps out without being complete, where you'll get everything out of most other games in 10. I would rather get 70 hours of incomplete than 10 hours of everything, wouldnt you?

Even after the patch there is still a really bad rare random bug where you get just a black screen and Skyrim stops responding when using tele-portation to a new area. It existed before this patch and it still exists after the patch.

What I like about this post is the simple fact that you played a game for 150 hours.

And you still bitch about it.

Most games are lucky to give 10 hours. You got 150 hours before it fucked up.

150 hours. 10 times most games out there. For the same price as those games. Yes, it ate shit. But you still got 150 hours out of it. 150 hours.

See the stupidity? You should leap over walls to buy another of their games, because even if it eats shit 70 hours in, you'll still get so much more time and enjoyment from it out of most games. You'll get 7 times the enjoyment from it before it craps out without being complete, where you'll get everything out of most other games in 10. I would rather get 70 hours of incomplete than 10 hours of everything, wouldnt you?

You are right, I played it for a long time. And paid the same price than someone would pay for a game with only 5 to 10 hours of gameplay.

But it still doesn't make it ok to launch a game with so many bugs. At least they should acknowledge the issues and fixed them. But they don't. They don't care about the players and proved it often with F3, New Vegas and Skyrim. Once the product is sold, they patch the most obvious problem and leave the rest as it is.

When I do something, I do it right. If I know I'm going to cut corners I just don't do it. I expect the same quality from others, even more important when I'm paying.

Oh noooooes! You only got 150 hours of game out of the PS3 version of Fallout which you described yourself as a "great game". So you were able to play a "great game" for about... what... $0.30 an hour? My God. You should write to your senator and congress about this situation and have it dealt with right away! In the meantime, you should try taking up a cheaper and more entertaining hobby that costs only $0.30 an hour. ... ... ... like ... ... walking or playing the same board game 30+ times.

Your loss, Skyrim is an awesome game.

No. no it isn't. its just very addictive. the graphics are nice but the fighting is not so nice. after getting to around level 65-70 i was so glad when i defeated that last dragon. i finally got my life back. played that boring as shit game for way too long and i can't explain why. i think perhaps it triggers the hoarding tendencies in me. but i'll never be venturing back to skyrim. i just couldn't stop playing that damn game.

No. no it isn't. its just very addictive. the graphics are nice but the fighting is not so nice. after getting to around level 65-70 i was so glad when i defeated that last dragon. i finally got my life back. played that boring as shit game for way too long and i can't explain why. i think perhaps it triggers the hoarding tendencies in me. but i'll never be venturing back to skyrim. i just couldn't stop playing that damn game.

it's not addicting like Diablo item finding addictions. That was crack. The thing with Skyrim is that once you get to a high level, there really isn't anything more to attempt as you're too powerful. That's when it goes downhill.

This isn't so much about PC vs Console as that the PC version of this game trully is better. Hvaing access to the (in-game) console makes the game much more customizable and intertesting. Being able to download the mods is amazing, even if you don't change the actual gameplay just downloading all the super high res (and nude :cool: ) texture packs makes the game just beautifull. Plus there are stuff like the Skyrim Wars mod that actually changes the game characteristics. The PC version gives YOU alot more control of the game and for that, it is amazing.

Also having the (in-game) console has saved my butt a couple times with some of the quests or companions glitching out. Lydia got stuck in a jail cell some how one time in some vacant keep we visited. Luckily I was able to teleport myself to her and free her. Otherwise on the console version you would just have to revert saved games.

it's not addicting like Diablo item finding addictions. That was crack. The thing with Skyrim is that once you get to a high level, there really isn't anything more to attempt as you're too powerful. That's when it goes downhill.

On the PC version you could modify the scale of the NPC's relative to you so if you really want them to be tough still they can be.

I'm not sure what are you referring to, the fact that PS3 isn't getting the patch yet? That's not Bestheda's fault, that's just the console maker's policy which always results in delays to the patch.

As for Skyrim, its significantly more stable than Fallout 3 or Oblivion. I've spend more hours in Skyrim than both games, and only had 1 crash. While Oblivion and Fallout 3 was crashing on average once every couple of hours.

450+ hrs. MODs MODs MODs.
CK is awesome. I just wish someone would make a weapon and armor repair/degradation mod.
I would make it myself, but i havent scratched the surface of scripting yet, been making player homes.
bottom line, if your playing skyrim on console your missing out big time!

Back