A Site Where Getting Poached Is The Whole Point

HardOCP News

[H] News
A website that caters to people wanting to be "poached?" I give it a month before employers start using the site to see which one of their employees are planning on quitting. :eek:

When building the site in his spare time, John Everett Creighton said he drew on his own experience. As an MIT graduate with a degree in physics and nuclear engineering, he was in hot demand when entering the job market and had to juggle multiple offers and rounds of negotiations. Creighton sought to simplify that process by putting the skilled worker in the driver's seat: "I thought, what if it's the other way around. These companies need good engineers more than the engineers need them."

Good idea for a site. Obviously just need to be really careful what you put on it and who you email your resume too if you get contacted on it.

I'm pretty sure there's already a site like this. It's called LinkedIn.

WTF?

A nuclear physics degree and he is in 'HOT' demand out of college? WTF are they smoking? He had offers? lol... only if he wanted to move to Idaho. I bet he couldn't even get a job doing nuclear work. (Too many people like me who are way ahead of him, coming straight out of the Navy actually certified to run AND have experience running nuclear power plants).

Well, since we know the nuclear job markiet sucks, it explains why he started a website instead. :)

WTF?

A nuclear physics degree and he is in 'HOT' demand out of college? WTF are they smoking? He had offers? lol... only if he wanted to move to Idaho. I bet he couldn't even get a job doing nuclear work. (Too many people like me who are way ahead of him, coming straight out of the Navy actually certified to run AND have experience running nuclear power plants).

Well, since we know the nuclear job markiet sucks, it explains why he started a website instead. :)

Maybe he builds them and not runs them? Your older and set in your ways hes fresh out of school a company may want to mold him.

Back