FS: SR-2 setup w/ 3.6ghz L5640's

R-Type

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - October 2011

I'm shuffling and condensing boxen in preparation for an upcoming move, as a result my faithful SR-2 Boxen needs to go.

Specs:
SR-2
2xL5640 @ 3.6ghz 1.33v, PM for details
6x4gb Gskill DDR3 1600
2x Hyper 212+ w/ Push/Pull CM blademasters
Intel PCI-E Gigabit NIC
Ati PCI-E X-300
WD 320gb HD setup with Unbuntu 11.04 64bit
Corsair TX-750

This is a well balanced rig and has been terrifically stable for me, uptime is measured in months. The chips at 3.6ghz put out 190-200k ppd in bigbigadv and consume less than 500w of power. The fans are wired via PWM splitter for motherboard control and CPU temps while folding (as measured by the onboard LCD screen) are about 56C while maintaining a very low noise output. It honestly pains me to sell it, but I want to see it go to a good home.

Price:SOLD

Heat is under R-Type and I prefer Amazon payments for payment.
img2981medium.jpg

Last edited:
Bump, added $50 discount for aspiring folders, see main post for details.

christ, i might have to take a loan out for this....

are non-[H]orde enquires accepted?

Thanks for asking. Right now this is [H] only and will stay that way for a week or two, I'll post info in the thread if that changes.

Come on guys, buy this thing!:)

I'd love to buy more hardware from you but my wallet doesn't allow:(

Thanks for asking. Right now this is [H] only and will stay that way for a week or two, I'll post info in the thread if that changes.

Come on guys, buy this thing!:)

Cheers mate, i'm also from Australia for a heads up...

Tried to purchase a SR-2 from here a while back for $1500 with no such luck :)

If i got this, i wouldn't blow a larger wad on a 4p 6164HE system :p

Well the buyer had to back out, this is back up for sale. :)

The last time I saw this episode I ended up buying your gear lol.

I wish I could, but I can't:(

2 days until this goes into general FS/FT...

I wish that I could justify buying this. I miss the sheer awesomeness of the SR-2. :)

I wish that I could justify buying this. I miss the sheer awesomeness of the SR-2. :)

This. :)
I definitely miss the monolithic nature of the SR-2 beast. I almost wish I could go back in time and make myself keep it.
However I don't miss having to have a full tower next to my desk taking up 2+x the space that my R3 now takes up. ;)

Gawd, somebody adopt this lovely beastie!
If I had'nt just bought Schro's 2P I would. ;)

Unfortunately a few people have announced intent to buy it, one going so far as initiating payment before having an emergency pop up and needing to rescind. The last cancellation happened last night, there are two who have PM'd me in queue, if they don't buy I will post availability again in the thread.

Back