Antec Announces High Current Pro Platinum 1000 Watt PSU

HardOCP News

[H] News
Antec, Inc., the global leader in high-performance computer components, announces the High Current Pro 1000 Platinum power supply, the first kilowatt-class PSU offered by Antec certified for 80 PLUS® Platinum efficiency. Delivering a minimum of 1000 watts of Continuous Power, the HCP-1000 Platinum makes a reliable addition to the enthusiast’s or overclocker’s PC. The HCP-1000’s four +12V rails deliver 40A of output each with low ripple & noise levels and an output ratio of up to 100 percent.

I still wont touch a Antec PSU to this day. Years ago I went thru not 1, or 2, or 3, or 4, but 5 of them. All DOA, but the Startech brand I chose after the hassle is still chugging along & that was 8 years ago.

Can't wait to see Johnny Guru and [H] have their ways with this unit, hopefully it performs as well as the HCP 1200 and addressees some of it's issues. Fully modular please!

Meanwhile my Signature 650 chugs along, quiet as ever.

From the above comments, I am guessing not, but is this one of the brands that is really made by Seasonic? I love my x-750 and wouldn't mind a rebranded version if it is the same quality.

From the above comments, I am guessing not, but is this one of the brands that is really made by Seasonic? I love my x-750 and wouldn't mind a rebranded version if it is the same quality.

IIRC Antec doesn't use Seasonic. I think they use CWT and Delta.

I still wont touch a Antec PSU to this day. Years ago I went thru not 1, or 2, or 3, or 4, but 5 of them. All DOA, but the Startech brand I chose after the hassle is still chugging along & that was 8 years ago.

Startech....

/facepalm

You sir just have bad luck, because in no way is *shiver* startech... better then any of Antecs OEMs.

Lol they want $260 for this? Honestly I don't see it beating the seasonic 1000 platinum.

Back