Video Games Enter Realm Of Art In Smithsonian Show

HardOCP News

[H] News
Finally, an interactive exhibit at the Smithsonian worth going to see!

"While this exhibition is not the first exhibition that actually uses video games, it is the first I believe that actually looks at video games themselves as an art form," curator Chris Melissinos told AFP. "This is not about the art within video games," said Melissinos, an avid gamer since he was a 10-year-old in his native New York borough of Queens. "This is about video games themselves as an artistic medium."

Oh for F sake!

I am so over this. Fuck Bioware, Fuck EA, just stay away from future Bioware games and vote with your wallets!

When Diablo 3 is out, who is going to have the time to bitch about this anyway. :rolleyes:

Oh for F sake!

I am so over this. Fuck Bioware, Fuck EA, just stay away from future Bioware games and vote with your wallets!

When Diablo 3 is out, who is going to have the time to bitch about this anyway. :rolleyes:

My bad, wrong forum. Remove if necessary.

lol, I saw that first replay and was like WTF?

anyways. I shall make a pilgrimage to Washington DC just to take a look at this.

I couldn't find a list of the 80 games picked for the show,but nowhere do I see any PC exclusive games mentioned.

I went to the exhibit on Saturday, and was quite impressed. Definitely worth seeing if you're in the DC area, as it's also on display until September 30, 2012.

Oh for F sake!

I'd boycott the Smithsonian if any EA, UBISoft, Bethesda software is in there... and fuck em and i vote with my wallet, cause i shouldn't have to fix their software to run properly. :D

Finally, an interactive exhibit at the Smithsonian worth going to see!

The American Classic Arcade Museum has been in existence since 1998 and has done these types of displays for years. Funny how I could never get HardOCP to post a story about that. I guess the largest collection of classic arcade games on public display isn't good enough.

:rolleyes:

We need a "tongue in cheek" smiley. The Smithsonian is awesome with or without video games.

Back