Apple’s New iPad Already Jailbroken

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
You knew it was only going to be a matter of hours before someone would jailbreak the right-off-the-shelf iPad and that was just about the amount of time it took. iOS hacker Stefan Esser was one of the first and posted the video. Much more work on the jailbreak is needed to make it ‘breaker’ friendly before releasing it to the public.

No idea what a jailbreak means. Watched the whole video and couldn't understand. I don't own an iPad though.

It's like rooting on an Android device. You gain administrative access and are able to do things which would have otherwise been restricted (many things in the case of Apple devices).

It's ridiculous that we should even have to do this on a device we bought.

im still waiting for the vid of someone smashing the ipad to pieces outside the apple toy store in front of the mindless zombie line. thats always funny.

im still waiting for the vid of someone smashing the ipad to pieces outside the apple toy store in front of the mindless zombie line. thats always funny.
+1 if they film the next "Will-it-blend" video there. :)

Can jailbreak the ipad in no time but can't work a video camera properly?

Wish I could just buy the iPad hardware without the fancy Apple logo and pretentious packaging, completely blank so I can choose the OS of my choice at half the price. What noob buys anything Apple and doesn't jailbreak it from their corporate clutches, fuck branding for the braindead.

jailbreaking is stupid... I did it to the ipad 2 and all you could really do is install different apps the way things move accross the screen, or play emulators which half the time were stupid anyway
the games and apps on the ipad are way better in the app store..
Also you risk getting your ipad banned from app store or even your account..
the only thing that is cool you can teather your device but really? I have high speed internet at home

i guess if you think you are cool and you said you jailbroke it and you run a custom theme on your phone or ipad makes you feel special then do it.

Other then that its stupid

]jailbreaking is stupid... I did it to the ipad 2 and all you could really do is install different apps the way things move accross the screen, or play emulators which half the time were stupid anyway
the only thing that is cool you can teather your device but really? I have high speed internet at home

i guess if you think you are cool and you said you jailbroke it and you run a custom theme on your phone or ipad makes you feel special then do it

it is way better to hack or mod a xbox or ps3 then do this.

The only thing that really i hate about the ipad which i owned a ipad 2 and now 3rd gen is the fact the screen wont shut off or go into standby. Apple doesnt want app programers getting access to the root or something so jailbreaking might solve this for you if you can find a working app.. Unless i am missing something here there is no app or setting that makes it go into standby , i.e. shut off the screen. Which i find dum because most people use their ipad in bed and would be nice to fall asleep know your screen shuts off after 15 min with no activity

personally i think its all a conspiracy to reduce apple warrenty claims for not breaking your ipad in bed so users will put it to the side before falling asleep lol

]jailbreaking is stupid... I did it to the ipad 2 and all you could really do is install different apps the way things move accross the screen, or play emulators which half the time were stupid anyway

i guess if you think you are cool and you said you jailbroke it and you run a custom theme on your phone or ipad makes you feel special then do it

it is way better to hack or mod a xbox or ps3 then do this.

The only thing that really i hate about the ipad which i owned a ipad 2 and now 3rd gen is the fact the screen wont shut off or go into standby. Apple doesnt want app programers getting access to the root or something so jailbreaking might solve this for you if you can find a working app.. Unless i am missing something here there is no app or setting that makes it go into standby , i.e. shut off the screen. Which i find dum because most people use their ipad in bed and would be nice to fall asleep know your screen shuts off after 15 min with no activity

Sounds EXACTLY like someone who only jailbreak for 10 mins or doesn't even know how to use a jailbreak apple device.

jailbreaking is stupid... I did it to the ipad 2 and all you could really do is install different apps the way things move accross the screen, or play emulators which half the time were stupid anyway

People love to steal software and install it on their jailbroken iPad. I think that is the main draw.

I never needed a reason to root this Android phone I got until I tried to take screen shots and apparently it only works if it is rooted.

But other then that, rooting and jailbraking are more of a geek badge of honor then anything.

Sounds EXACTLY like someone who only jailbreak for 10 mins or doesn't even know how to use a jailbreak apple device.

Yeah i think you need to take look at my Signature on here before making a stupid comment like that. I think i know computers and tech

anyway moving on

People love to steal software and install it on their jailbroken iPad. I think that is the main draw.

I never needed a reason to root this Android phone I got until I tried to take screen shots and apparently it only works if it is rooted.

But other then that, rooting and jailbraking are more of a geek badge of honor then anything.

i agree

I would say thats true, for most devices.. For apple products + heavily branded carrier phones with features disabled, I believe theres a true use for it, and really a need if you are so inclined.

It's like rooting on an Android device. You gain administrative access and are able to do things which would have otherwise been restricted (many things in the case of Apple devices).

On Android devices it's a bit of a security feature. On Apple devices, well....

It's a feature, as they would say :p.

Apple holding their products hostage isn't dissimilar from the movie theaters disallowing people from bringing in their own food --- totally f'in lame. If I can't bring in food, then you sure as hell shouldn't be allowed to sell the same damn food for inflated prices.

(well, it doesn't have to be same damn food, I just said that to avoid the "glass bottle argument" or the like.. Anyway, you get my drift..)

the vast majority of people buying these devices, as with android devices, are too apathetic to even try to learn how things work and how to fix their mistakes, which is why they come locked down to begin with

I've jailbroken all of my Apple devices and don't have a single piece of stolen software on them.

- BiteSMS (Significantly better text messaging on the iPhone)
- Deck (springboard toggles for WiFi, 3G, etc)
- PlayAwake (Use the native iPhone/iPad clock app to use music as alarms)
- Themes
- Activator
- Contact list images
- Unlimited apps in folders
- Folder icons
- Remove news stand app

There are plenty of small, but useful things you can do that generally improve the overall experience of the iPhone or iPad that don't involve illegal software.

Apple holding their products hostage isn't dissimilar from the movie theaters disallowing people from bringing in their own food --- totally f'in lame. If I can't bring in food, then you sure as hell shouldn't be allowed to sell the same damn food for inflated prices.

Right? I know. And on that note, why can't I bring my own food or drink to a restaurant? That's fucking absurd! Also, why can't I bring my own products to Canadian Tire and sell them to their customers on their private property where they make the rules and have every right to do so? This country has gone to shit.

Yeah i think you need to take look at my Signature on here before making a stupid comment like that. I think i know computers and tech

anyway moving on

Oh excuse me. I didn't realize your ePenis meant how vast knowledgeable you are. :rolleyes:

Back