S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Still In Development

they are probably looking for an external bug consultant, to make sure it has enough bugs to carry the STALKER name.

I don't really care about any Stalker development news. I've hated all the Stalker games so far. The terrible screen bouncing, the inconsistent aiming/weapon damage, and so many other things I won't bother even listing. To tell the truth, there really wasn't anything I liked about them. The new one would have to do a massive overhaul to get me even somewhat interested.

I purchased all of the STALKER titles, played them for a bit, but they never really pulled me in like Skyrim or Fallout 3. Dunno why, just something about it felt kind of unpolished in general.

Not saying they are bad games, but I wish I liked them more than I do. Maybe STALKER 2 will bring it around?

I don't really care about any Stalker development news. I've hated all the Stalker games so far. The terrible screen bouncing, the inconsistent aiming/weapon damage, and so many other things I won't bother even listing. To tell the truth, there really wasn't anything I liked about them. The new one would have to do a massive overhaul to get me even somewhat interested.

Funny, I typically dont like FPS games at all but I loved the Stalker franchise. I only picked it up because I have always had a bit of a morbid fascination with Chernobyl and the surrounding zone, but ended up loving the game for the gameplay and not just because of the setting. They arent perfect but they're a blast.

wow, really? Sorry to hear that.
Personally i'd be happy if they changed nothing. The Stalker series for most pc gamers is generally considered to be as good as it gets FPS-wise. I'm not a big fan of fps per se, but i'd probably buy stalker2 on release day. The on reason i wouldn't, if it was tainted by 'console retardation'.

Personally i'd be happy if they changed nothing. The Stalker series for most pc gamers is generally considered to be as good as it gets FPS-wise. I'm not a big fan of fps per se, but i'd probably buy stalker2 on release day. The on reason i wouldn't, if it was tainted by 'console retardation'.

Couldnt agree more. There has been some talk of it being cross-platform, so hopefully it DOESNT get screwed over and consolized but I think I'll be buying this on release no matter what.

I purchased all of the STALKER titles, played them for a bit, but they never really pulled me in like Skyrim or Fallout 3. Dunno why, just something about it felt kind of unpolished in general.

Not saying they are bad games, but I wish I liked them more than I do. Maybe STALKER 2 will bring it around?

Did you happen to try the Stalker Complete mod? Maybe that will add more of the polish you were looking for.

STALKER is just my favorite FPS game of all time. It was the first FPS game I played that didn't hold your hand and made the world act on it's own. If your quest giver died, too bad, start over. I just loved how god damn hard the game was and the mods made it 10x better. Oblivion Lost ftw!

HUGE fan of Stalker Series... I Pre Ordered the First one with no regrets.

You know just as well as I do that the game is probably going to be a watered down version of its original self- full of quick time events, regenerating health, shitty cinematic scenes, and a short ass campaign with a "robust multiplayer suite" ; aka, a CoD clone / rip off.

I love the Stalker games just as much as the next guy but, shit...I can't help but be pessimistic about this new one, given that each sequel to a popular fps-like game has been a crash and burn / consolized piece of trash. Here's to hoping it ISN'T, though.. (I am not holding my breath!)

STALKER has been only going uphill since release. Clear Sky had a terrible story but brought great gameplay elements. Call of Pripyat brought together the awesome gameplay elements from Clear Sky and then gave us the freedom and story of Shadow of Chernobyl.

funny you should mention skyrim & fallout 3 in the company of stalker. The forma 2 games are rpgs were as the latter is 'technically' a fps. Skyrim and fallout would be brilliant if they didn't suffer from the earlier mentioned 'console retardation (shitfull UI's).
Stalker was fantastic, right down to the dodgy russian accented english. Hope the don't mess with it to much, it was a 'proper' pc game after all.

Huge fan here too.

Prior to S.T.A.L.K.E.R I hadn't played a single player game in years. They just couldn't hold my interest.

I was hooked on S.T.A.L.K.E.R as soon as I got used to the screen bobbing.

Amazing game. I really hope S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2 winds up being completed and is not a dumbed down console shell of itself.

As others have said, this is the only unreleased game I have heard of thus far I would buy on launch day no questions asked. The last game I did that for was Red Orchestra 2, before that Civ 5, and before that, well, it was S.T.A.L.K.E.R - Call of Pripyat.

I don't buy many games. Most come from the Steam bargain bin once they get sufficiently cheap, but there are a very few titles I'd buy regardless on launch day. The S.T.A.L.K.E.R series is included here, as is anything Red Orchestra and anything Civilization (except Civ Revolution which was totally lame)

You know just as well as I do that the game is probably going to be a watered down version of its original self- full of quick time events, regenerating health, shitty cinematic scenes, and a short ass campaign with a "robust multiplayer suite" ; aka, a CoD clone / rip off.

I love the Stalker games just as much as the next guy but, shit...I can't help but be pessimistic about this new one, given that each sequel to a popular fps-like game has been a crash and burn / consolized piece of trash. Here's to hoping it ISN'T, though.. (I am not holding my breath!)

Please dont say such things. My heart cant take it.

This may be a very good news. But I will wait a little bit before get new gear from Sidorovich

I LOVE the Stalker series. Yes, I admit they launch with shit tons of bugs. But I still love the series and it is my all time favorite FPS series. I really hope they are in fact working on it.

I LOVE the Stalker series. Yes, I admit they launch with shit tons of bugs. But I still love the series and it is my all time favorite FPS series. I really hope they are in fact working on it.

this, give it to me NOWW!

I just got around to playing stalker this year, so glad I did. Yeah, it's not as polished as some of the AAA titles that come from the big developers but gameplay and story wise it's phenomenal. I admit, I tried SoC when it first came out and I didn't like it, but after the complete mod it's fantastic. I'm so looking forward to playing part 2 if/when it comes out.

Hopefully it will be the same awesomeness that 2007 showed us. :cool:

If all else fails, I could see the new kickstart trend definitely working for this title. The series has such a loyal following and I'm definitely looking forward to the latest and greatest.

I hope we get some juicy info soon.

Was it stalker 2 that is supposed to have copy protection requiring you to be online all the time while playing it?

Did you happen to try the Stalker Complete mod? Maybe that will add more of the polish you were looking for.

I did, but it just didn't really change the game enough I guess. I dunno, maybe it's just not a game for me, that is possible.

Stalker 2 is the game I have been wanting the most with the exception of Thief 4. And both games have the most potential to self destruct like Charlie Sheen at a Duran Duran concert. :( Its going to take some talented people to bring the magic of those games to a more modern sequel.

my first STALKER was Clear Sky, and i loved *some* things about it (love the ballistic model, actually), and absolutely HATED the crashings, corrupted save files, save files broken by updates, broken quests and the occasional headshot that drops you in 1.

but it had some great things. it was realistic, gritty, hard and the visuals were great. story was a bit confused.

I was disappointed when i played the other 2 and found them almost identical to CS.

_____________________________________________--

Lately i' v played something called STALKER COMPLETE; it's a fan-made total mod and patch, fixes 99% of the bugs, and makes the whole experience much, much better.

you can get them all here : http://artistpavel.blogspot.co.uk/

Best game series ever. Period.
If they started a Kickstarter type campaign for STALKER 2,I'd gladly contribute.

Great news! Hope it will be PC exclusive, so the f'ing consoles don't dumb everything down.

Great news! Hope it will be PC exclusive, so the f'ing consoles don't dumb everything down.

I hope so too, but remember that the owner of the studio said that going console was the only way to make money, .etc - be wary.

It's irrelevant though: as others have already said, this is a game that a lot of people (such as myself) will buy on day one at full price, no questions asked. I can't even remember the last game I paid full price for.

Let's keep our fingers crossed guys.

they are probably looking for an external bug consultant, to make sure it has enough bugs to carry the STALKER name.

Just add crazily overdone the top head bobbing! :p

I like the series, damnit, but that was just waay too much.

if you really think they will do that to the sequel, youre buttdelusional

Seeing as how most of the stuff that has come out recently, including sequels and/or prequels, have been pretty much an attempt to try and gain the console audience's attention (money) why would I think the developers of S.T.A.L.K.E.R would keep it as a PC game?

Just look at what happened with Crysis 2, Dragon Age II, and so on. To be fair I think the only one that wasn't a botched creation was Deus Ex: Human Revolution but, that's really it. I'm just giving my opinion on the matter; and I am glad to see you and so many others care so much about the game. I happen to actually own all 3 of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R games and I enjoyed SoC and CoP the most; it's just that with the way things are in the gaming industry, and history repeating itself, I can't help but think that's what the developers will do to this game.

Last edited by a moderator:
butt. delusional. the industry direction as a whole (dominated by antiquated giants like ubi, activision, and EA) is reaching critical mass.

Hmmmm..Not sure how to really interpret what you mean by "critical mass" but, the last time I checked a lot of those companies were doing pretty damn well. Activision is making some serious bank every year, (yeahhhh you know what it is, and that is excluding WoW) and how about EA? BF3, SWTOR, and all most of their sport game(s), oh no! ? Then there's Ubisoft that's got Assassin's Creed, FarCry etc, but hey, they didn't do so hot before (guess you can have that!) I guess that must mean they're about to croak as well! So...If you meant that the people playing / buying their games are getting fed up with them? Sure I'll agree with you b/c I'm one of em'..However, they are not in a bad way, that's for sure.

STALKER devs are not only removed from this cancerous atmosphere, but also have no taste for it. its obvious from simply playing their games.

Now onto the S.T.A.L.K.E.R "devs"; which are supported by GSC simply put, they aren't in a great state of affairs- that is where my speculation/pessimism comes in (it's not a fact, so take a deep breath and absorb that). What is great about the other part of your statement is that they definitely have no interest in watering the game down or making it into something that it is not, well no shit Sherlock, more often than not things do not go as planned but at the end of the day all they care about is $$$ and there's a lot to be had on the CONSOLES. Hell, google if you want, this is one of the few discussions about S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2 being consolized; so that right there further proves I'm not alone with the worry- you think that's delusional? I'll say it again so you can get it through your skull, I enjoyed S.T.A.L.K.E.R and I think GSC is a unique and semi-decent company, but what you said doesn't mean they can't take their game (if it's even still being made) and flip it upside down / shit all over it/ whatever to make it accessible to consoles (meaning, the pc version would end up as a port aka my worst nightmare since ports typically tend to SUCK); you see where I am coming from, yes?

Last edited by a moderator:
I just can't see the developers making the kind of mistake Crytek did by consolizing the PC version of this game. They haven't disappointed us yet,so I think they deserve the benefit of the doubt. They may like to get into the profits of the console market,but they know their core audience with STALKER will always be PC gamers.

Back