Today Is World Consumer Rights Day

HardOCP News

[H] News
Okay, so today is World Consumer Rights Day, so what does that get you?

"This call for consumer rights was a watershed moment in the consumer movement" says Jim Guest of Consumer Reports. "It was a spark that lit a fire under concerned citizens to stand up and get organized. Exactly fifty years ago, Kennedy laid out a vision for consumers that still resonates today, not only here in the United States, but in countries all over the world."

A hardy laugh from by banksters because you have no rights!

I think you're mistaken. Only the government can force you to do something. As a consumer we have a choice of many things including choice of banks. If you don't like Chase you can go to Wells Fargo. You don't like Wells Fargo you go to Bank of America. If you don't like any of them you put your money under your mattress. You can stop doing business with any of them whenever you choose.

What happens if you don't like your taxes? You stop paying you get picked up by men with guns who take you to prison and you get fucked in the ass.

A new iPad.

Apple made sure to think of it's customers first (thanks Apple!) by using slaves...err....hard workers to build that shiny new toy that is a must have on a special day like today at their renowned rock bottom prices!

Yay Apple!

A new iPad.

Apple made sure to think of it's customers first (thanks Apple!) by using slaves...err....hard workers to build that shiny new toy that is a must have on a special day like today at their renowned rock bottom prices!

Yay Apple!

Damn, NOT in before the gratuitous "Apple Is Evil" post.

Maybe I'll have better luck in the Pet forum, but I doubt it.

I think you're mistaken. Only the government can force you to do something.
Hardy agreement.
But I was expressing this in terms of consumers not citizens.
Consumers have no "civil rights". The only recourse they have for bad products or services is as much as the manufacturer, company, vendor, bank is willing to concede to your demands. But if they choose not to your only recourse is the courts. Depending on what this is all about (product, service) much of the time you cannot recoup your loss.
This is why people are calling for a "consumers bill of rights". Our rights constitutionally does not extend to commerce. Here market forces are the checks and balances.

As a consumer we have a choice of many things including choice of banks. If you don't like Chase you can go to Wells Fargo. You don't like Wells Fargo you go to Bank of America. If you don't like any of them you put your money under your mattress. You can stop doing business with any of them whenever you choose.
Yep, Market Forces unmolested by government regulation works here.
What happens if you don't like your taxes? You stop paying you get picked up by men with guns who take you to prison.
I knew someone this happened to. It reminded me of a crime boss take down. Plain clothes police surrounded his place and rushed in and arrested him. Drug him out on cuffs.
He was a small business owner running a hamburger joint that was delinquent on his taxes. That was all.

Back