Antec Eleven Hundred Chassis Review @ [H]

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
Antec Eleven Hundred Chassis Review - We take a long [H]ard look at Antec's new Eleven Hundred model chassis that is billed by Antec as being "The Advanced Gaming Authority." This relatively inexpensive DIY chassis is chock full of features and represents a flagship in the Antec line. Our new testing format takes its maiden voyage on the Eleven Hundred.

Good to see case reviews here now! 1100 is an interesting case, the front dust filter seems like a nuisance though.

How much use was the fan location behind the motherboard? I have been eyeing a few cases that have that feature but wasn't sure if it made enough difference to matter.

Good to see case reviews here now! 1100 is an interesting case, the front dust filter seems like a nuisance though.

+1, I can't wait until some case manufacturers implement the dust removal technology found on the MSI Lightning videocards to their case fans.

Basically they will spin the opposite way during the first minute of operation, then switch back over. A simple fan controller device can take care of that.

Enjoyed the review! I purchased an 1100 a few weeks ago and have it loaded up with 9 fans. I don't have any issues with space and the interior fans using two Gigabyte 6970 OC's running crossfire.

My suggestion would be to add a few fans in your enthusiast testing as anybody that is running a three graphics card setup shouldn't have a problem with buying a couple of fans.

Typical Antec. They force you to use the top fan position as an exhaust. No hope for trying to create a wind tunnel with a top intake.

The thing is too inflexible. They want you to create a vacuum cleaner with no bag by requiring you to use a negative pressure setup. No thanks, Antec.

I've been running 2 Antec 1200's for over a year and love these cases. With the front air filters (looks the same as the 1100) these case have less dust build up of any case I have ever had. They stay really clean inside!

My suggestion would be to add a few fans in your enthusiast testing as anybody that is running a three graphics card setup shouldn't have a problem with buying a couple of fans.

Thanks for confirming our stance.

Regarding the risk of cables getting into the fans. This is easily avoided by using cheap wire fan grills!

Great review.

How much use was the fan location behind the motherboard? I have been eyeing a few cases that have that feature but wasn't sure if it made enough difference to matter.

Crazy enough it is really useful for X79 boards, it is the only application though that I have seen a difference in cooling performance.

I personally cant stand Antec cases... I used to really like them but for a long time now they have been junk and lack of options....gross case

I'm really glad to see [H] do case reviews. It's a really well done review too. I'm usually one to bitch and moan about case reviews since I'm very picky on how they're done and you guys really addressed a lot of issues I have with most reviewers.

On to the case itself. Maybe it's just me, but the left side panel is freaking ugly. I hate when manufactures put fan grills in windows. It looks horrible. Either give me a window or a side fan, not both. At least Antec had the sense to put rubber on the screw holes, though I suspect the window will still rattle a bit.

The thing that really kills the case for me though isn't really Antec's fault since they clearly designed this for air cooling, but I'm not interested in air cooling anymore. I don't like the look of externally mounted water cooling loops so it pretty much writes out this case for me unless I want to get down to modding it and bigger more expensive cases like the CM Storm Trooper or the NZXT Switch 810 fit the bill better without needing to be modded.

My nitpick of the side window aside this does seem like a good case.

IMHO, Antec is starting to fall behind the curve a bit. There are better cases to be found.

Granted it's a lot more expensive, but the Corsair 650D is about perfect. And how many times do you re-buy cases anyway?

I too give a big thumbs up to [H] case reviews. I'm also glad to see Antec getting good reviews. Still liking my 300. Nothing fancy but well built with good space.

Nice review, glad to see Steve working... :p

But my last Antec case for myself was a Antec 900. Probably the worse case I ever used. I Built a computer in a Antec 300. It fit the bill, but I wouldn't buy one.

Fantastic review, that really gets at what an enthusiast needs to know about a case. It looks like Antec is going in the right direction again...they still aren't where they need to be design wise, but they are getting there.

I'm looking forward to more of these reviews in the future...if you guys could review the Cosmos II with this level of detail, I'd be ecstatic.

Looks like an overcooked Antec 302 case to me.

I couldn't be bothered. They may have decent quality but their clueless on enthusiast design.
They don't hold a candle to Coolermaster or Corsair. Their 200mm Big Boy fans are second to none though.

Really well done review.

I enjoyed Steve's approach of looking at things he'd like to do better and how certain arrangements may not work well, or at all.

I wouldn't buy this case, but I liked the review and perspective.

This is how a case review should be done; I wouldn't expect [H] to do it any other way.

More please.:D

I'd like to know how well a fan behind the motherboard would work...

It actually looks like a 300 done right to me. The only problem I see is the price point is about the same as a bunch of other cases I like. I dont think its enough to win me over. If this case was running about 75-80 bucks on sale I would be all over it though.

Shoot, at $120 that puts it within striking distance of the Corsair 550D for $140. Much better case (appearance, air flow options, functionality, and wire management). I never really understood why Antec made cases that looked like giant plastic toys...the 300 is probably the only 'good' case they have. The airflow tests were interesting. Maybe in future reviews a more in-depth evaluation could be done with hardware inside and running? I know this might require a see-through side panel but I think it'd be worth it.

HEY..... what kinda smoke were you blowing into that case anyway???;)

Huh?

Really enjoyed the review! I recently picked up a 650D and have to say, this look almost like a "cheap" knockoff... Think I would go with a 300 over this.

The acoustic data may not make sense as you described it in your review of the Antec Eleven Hundred, however, it makes a lot of sense when you rack it up against other cases that had similar characteristics and guts. as long as the tests process for each case were the same. All data has to have some context.

The acoustic data may not make sense as you described it in your review of the Antec Eleven Hundred, however, it makes a lot of sense when you rack it up against other cases that had similar characteristics and guts. as long as the tests process for each case were the same. All data has to have some context.

This is why we keep all of the test hardware the same for every case review. We also test in a climate controlled room (fancy way of saying we use the thermostat to control room temp ;)). That way, you can look at all of our case review to get an idea how each case compares to the other.

The case is big so you can fit whatever you want in it, I'm upgrading from an Antec 300 to this Gorgeous Antec 1200 V3 and I'm glad I did, is everything I expected and more, I love the blue LED lights and from all the cases I've seen (friends and mine), this one has the best airflow cooling system, if you're on the martket for a full tower for your next pc, then I will tell you what I'm telling my friends, JUST BUY IT!!! =)

The case is big so you can fit whatever you want in it, I'm upgrading from an Antec 300 to this Gorgeous Antec 1200 V3 and I'm glad I did, is everything I expected and more, I love the blue LED lights and from all the cases I've seen (friends and mine), this one has the best airflow cooling system, if you're on the martket for a full tower for your next pc, then I will tell you what I'm telling my friends, JUST BUY IT!!! =)
Total necro but this is finally not true, most 4090s are too big for the case, and I have to see if I can squeeze in an MSI trio somehow (336 mm vs max 330 listed in specs)...Antec should have thought of GPUs being the primary building block of a PC, not the mobo...😉

Still using my 1200v3 after a few fan changes but it is time to switch. Wire hiding is a bitch in these.

Back