Max Payne 3 Visual Effects and Cinematics

Doesn't the narrator's voice remind you of waiting in line at a Disney park?

Its not Max Payne, based on the previews they have clearly missed the point of the original. It looks like a fun non-Max Payne game though.

i just watched a disney park insider video on tv this week and that's all i could think the entire time i watched this video. It is a bit of a departure from Doomsday playing int the backround of upcoming borderlands 2.

Man Max Payne 2 was amazing. I remember the graphics pushing my gpus so hard. It was the first time I saw a VRAM limit warning. It said the requirements exceeded my 768mb. What a trip.

Its not Max Payne, based on the previews they have clearly missed the point of the original. It looks like a fun non-Max Payne game though.

Agreed, and it's a console port to PC, instead of how the other two originally were made PC first and console afterwards, those games were demanding at the time, this one won't be pushing any sort of limits.

looks good to me, if missing some of the darker elements of the first 2. Playing through the first two now to ensure I am ready!

Agreed, and it's a console port to PC, instead of how the other two originally were made PC first and console afterwards, those games were demanding at the time, this one won't be pushing any sort of limits.

I found the first two more awkward to play on PC, much more enjoyable with an Xbox controller. Still own both sets of games on both platforms, though.

I don't like the feel of how certain cachphrases are put on the screen emphasising the already emphasized character voice acting. Looks stupid. Hopefully there's an option to turn it off during gameplay.

It's like TYPING IN ALL CAPS TO CONVEY A MESSAGE. People can hear, they don't need to read it and hear it.

People can hear, they don't need to read it and hear it.

Yes! Even though some will argue it's like subtitles it not. It seems more like a children's read along book with the huge font and emphasis on the words.
Oh and I always play with subtitles turned on.

Yes! Even though some will argue it's like subtitles it not. It seems more like a children's read along book with the huge font and emphasis on the words.
Oh and I always play with subtitles turned on.

Don't forgot it that based on this video, it was for a graphic novel feel. This was done in XIII as well.

And is there an article stating it's going to be a console port?

I hope the game keeps the bullets as if they are projectiles like the previous two instead of instant hit scanning.

More games need euphoria, I love shooting people in GTA4 and watching them slowly get back up and limp away, or shoot them in the shoulder watch them fall over and catch their balance and then get back up to shoot you. It's just so damn realistic I LOVE IT!

More games need euphoria, I love shooting people in GTA4 and watching them slowly get back up and limp away, or shoot them in the shoulder watch them fall over and catch their balance and then get back up to shoot you. It's just so damn realistic I LOVE IT!

Except that getting hit with a bullet wouldn't have enough force to move you, upset your balance, etc. Anything that has someone get pushed back by a bullet (short of a heavy rifle round... not .223 or 7.62x39) is not realistic in any way. The bullet will have less force on the target than it does on the shooter.

Although that would make for an comically interesting game... Stand up from behind cover, take one shot which knocks you back behind cover, stand back up, fire once again... etc.

>Whole video is shot from console

Annnnnnnd I've lost all hope for this game. Oh well, least Max Payne is cheap on steam

May 15th release? Hmm think I'll be spending most of my time on Diablo 3 ;)

Why :p:D? For an online-only PVE without PVP experience that has graphics that look straight out of 2002 without much gore, kidified and wow-izied. I think I'd much prefer Max Payne 3 personally. The graphics might look like they are from 2008 (as in the case with most console ports) but at least they are attempting to push the gameplay boundaries further in a genre that could use a refresh :). The no loading scenes, seemless integration idea sounds quite nice. The flashbacks and forth might be good for story purposes and Max payne 1/2 were excellent games in terms of story, new gameplay mechanics, etc.

Max Payne 3 seems to be showing they are pushing the gameplay, story and mechanics further as opposed to Diablo 3 which seems to be about the level of Diablo 2 rendered at a higher resolution albiet minus pvp, minus offline/single player play and 10 years later than D2.

P.S. I am really disappointed in D3.

>Whole video is shot from console

Annnnnnnd I've lost all hope for this game. Oh well, least Max Payne is cheap on steam

At least they are giving an accurate representation what gameplay will be like for the majority of their customers. I will give the developers some credit for that. There are a lot of previews that were done for GTAIV for example that were PC-version shown and we all know the PC-version looks substantially better than the console version.

Same goes for Metro 2033 -- mind you -- the console version came out much later. If console gamers went to look up gameplay previews,they might end up looking at videos of the much-better looking PC version.

At least as PC gamers, we can go ...hmm ...looked fun and graphics didn't look that terrible...some destructive environments... --AND-- PC will be that much better looking once rendered at _____ /w HDR-lightning and tessolation? and _xAA. etc etc.

If console gamers went to look up gameplay previews,they might end up looking at videos of the much-better looking PC version.

That sounds like a good thing to me. That way they can be disappointed when they fire up the console version and realize PC is a better platform.

I think I'll be playing D3 first though since all the games I've been playing lately have had FPS perspectives. I want to do something different for awhile.

Why :p:D? For an online-only PVE without PVP experience that has graphics that look straight out of 2002 without much gore, kidified and wow-izied. I think I'd much prefer Max Payne 3 personally. The graphics might look like they are from 2008 (as in the case with most console ports) but at least they are attempting to push the gameplay boundaries further in a genre that could use a refresh :). The no loading scenes, seemless integration idea sounds quite nice. The flashbacks and forth might be good for story purposes and Max payne 1/2 were excellent games in terms of story, new gameplay mechanics, etc.

Max Payne 3 seems to be showing they are pushing the gameplay, story and mechanics further as opposed to Diablo 3 which seems to be about the level of Diablo 2 rendered at a higher resolution albiet minus pvp, minus offline/single player play and 10 years later than D2.

P.S. I am really disappointed in D3.

shhhhhhh you cant say bad things about diablo 3, i got infractions for speaking my mind about that *cough* game

5 Men in a Limo....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQRtuxdfQHw

In a world where a select group of men use their unique voiceover talents comes the short film that brought a nation to its feet.

Starring Don LaFontaine, John Leader, Al Chalk, Mark Elliot, and Nick Tate

you're looking for the voice of the most cherished cartoon characters of our time...Mark Elliot.

You will recognize every voice....

"During some of the quieter times max can explore his surrounding"

Just no .... no ... no... best way to break pacing in a story.... lets take a break... and explore.

The blood looks good! Everything else looks 5 years ago. Come on bring them the next gen consoles so we can have a visual lift, please!

Will be playing this no matter how true or not, it is to the original universe and style. The first game was brilliant.

Nice to see that max is as comically resilient as ever, much like the 2nd game. Kinda nice to see the hero not always come out completely unscathed.

Gameplay wise it looks pretty solid and exciting, graphics are pretty decent and I assume the PC version will be a bit better.

Except that getting hit with a bullet wouldn't have enough force to move you, upset your balance, etc. Anything that has someone get pushed back by a bullet (short of a heavy rifle round... not .223 or 7.62x39) is not realistic in any way. The bullet will have less force on the target than it does on the shooter.

Although that would make for an comically interesting game... Stand up from behind cover, take one shot which knocks you back behind cover, stand back up, fire once again... etc.

Forcefully no, but the bodys instinct to push away from an injury will cause them to fall back. I have seen alot of people get shot in the shoulder/upper body and their knees tend to buckle and collapse backwards. And that doesn't include fatalities. Most people will drop from a bullet wound, it doesn't need to have force behind it. Look at how GTA4 plays, when you shoot pedestrians they tend to grab their wounds and then collapse to the floor from pain.

Back