Newegg.com Deals 3/8

Newegg Webmaster

Official Newegg Deals Maker

COMPUTER HARDWARE DEALS

AMD A8-3850 Llano 2.9GHz Socket FM1 100W Quad-Core Desktop APU with DirectX 11 Graphic AMD Radeon HD 6550D AD3850WNZ43GX - OEM
$119.99 - $10.00 promo code "HARDOCPX3X7A" = $109.99 with free shipping
Promo Expires on 3/13/12

EVGA 012-P3-1578-AR GeForce GTX 570 (Fermi) Classified 1280MB 320-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
$359.99 - $32.40 promo code "HARDOCPX3X7B" (9%) - $10.00MIR = $317.59 with free shipping
Promo Expires on 3/13/12

Galaxy 58NLH5DI5TXX MDT X4 GeForce GTX 580 (Fermi) 1536MB 384-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Multi-Display Video Card
$489.99 - $65.00 promo code "HARDOCPX3X7C" - $25.00MIR = $399.99 with free shipping
Promo Expires on 3/13/12

G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2133 (PC3 17000) Desktop Memory Model F3-17000CL11Q-16GBXL
$139.99 - $21.00 promo code "HARDOCPX3X7D" (15%) = $118.99 with free Egg Saver shipping
Promo Expires on 3/13/12

SanDisk Extreme SDSSDX-240G-G25 2.5" 240GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
$339.99 - $20.00IR - $45.00 promo code "HARDOCPX3X7E" = $274.99 with free shipping
Promo Expires on 3/13/12

:eek: Prices subject to change without notice.

Last edited:
The SanDisk Extreme has a 3 year warranty, not 10 ;)

Edit: Thanks for fixing the warranty info :)

Last edited:
Aren't these new Sandisk Extremes supposed to perform on par with and even outperforming the Intel SSDs in certain tests? If so, that $274 seems like a hell of a bargain...

Aren't these new Sandisk Extremes supposed to perform on par with and even outperforming the Intel SSDs in certain tests? If so, that $274 seems like a hell of a bargain...
It's $375, so the bargain is gone (by a lot)! :(

Edit: Newegg Webmaster has a typo. It is indeed $275 final price.

Last edited:
If you do their math, it comes out to $274.99 for the 240. 374.99 is just a typo.

Might have to jump on this...
Whoops, you're right. I only saw the price at the end and ignored the stuff to the left. My bad. :eek:

Really tempted to get that SanDisk drive.... someone convince me quickly!

Really tempted to get that SanDisk drive.... someone convince me quickly!

Plextor's M3 uses the same Toshiba Toggle Nand, has the more reliable Marvell controller, and has been on sale for $290 recently. The Samsung 830 is also on sale via Frys for $290, but its currently out of stock. Obviously its up to you, but personally, I'd wait to see if Frys gets more in stock or hold out for a different deal.

Edit: Oh and if it helps any
64450111.png

Last edited:
Steve said:
there is an exclusive promo code for [H] readers only that gives you an additional $65 off the current price. That's $90 off just for being a [H] reader!

C'mon [H], at least pretend to tell the truth.

54zpxx.jpg

What's wrong with that? If you're not a [H] reader, you probably won't notice that promo code unless you specifically are looking for that video card and notice it.

What's wrong with that? If you're not a [H] reader, you probably won't notice that promo code unless you specifically are looking for that video card and notice it.

Steve said:
there is an exclusive promo code for [H] readers only that gives you an additional $65 off the current price. That's $90 off just for being a [H] reader!

Noticing it at Newegg's site and only getting access to the code from [H]'s [H]ot|Deals page are two different things. It's NOT exclusive to [H] readers, and it shouldn't be depicted as such.

Noticing it at Newegg's site and only getting access to the code from [H]'s [H]ot|Deals page are two different things. It's NOT exclusive to [H] readers, and it shouldn't be depicted as such.
I agree.

It wasn't a mail in rebate. The price was 319.99 before jumping back to 339.99.

Does neweggs site look for [H] cookies to give the code? Hmmm.

there is that warning that prices are subject to change without notice

It wasn't a mail in rebate. The price was 319.99 before jumping back to 339.99.

there is that warning that prices are subject to change without notice

Well, I was getting dangerously close to pulling the trigger on one until the price jumped $20 two days early. Newegg has raised ALL of their SSD prices noticeably in the last few days and killed pretty much all the impressive specials they had going.

What the heck.

$275 seemed like the best balance right now on performance AND price/gig. Mushkin has a good 240GB for ~$240 right now on newegg, but it's not the synchronous stuff that the "Deluxe" model has. The Agility 3 is $220 after a $20 mail in rebate currently on Microcenter, but it's also the lower end. This Sandisk seems to really be able to compete with the "big boys" in higher end SSDs without costing as much as a Vertex 3. If they'll honor the $275 price (via phone or chat, perhaps) later today, wouldn't this be the best deal on an SSD to go with right now?

$275 seemed like the best balance right now on performance AND price/gig. Mushkin has a good 240GB for ~$240 right now on newegg, but it's not the synchronous stuff that the "Deluxe" model has. The Agility 3 is $220 after a $20 mail in rebate currently on Microcenter, but it's also the lower end. This Sandisk seems to really be able to compete with the "big boys" in higher end SSDs without costing as much as a Vertex 3. If they'll honor the $275 price (via phone or chat, perhaps) later today, wouldn't this be the best deal on an SSD to go with right now?

I jumped on it early; the math works out and the drive was reviewed very positively; though it is in a relatively early stage of its product lifecycle. In addition, the 200gb+ toggle NAND type is arguably one of the highest rated drive categories on the market. Sandisk is using their own NANDS in these drives; I'm taking a chance on them knowing what they're doing using all of their own parts.

I'm sure a more educated SSD nut can speak more informatively on the relative quality of these drives, but short of any major serial defects I think I'll be ok.

I jumped on it early; the math works out and the drive was reviewed very positively; though it is in a relatively early stage of its product lifecycle. In addition, the 200gb+ toggle NAND type is arguably one of the highest rated drive categories on the market. Sandisk is using their own NANDS in these drives; I'm taking a chance on them knowing what they're doing using all of their own parts.

I'm sure a more educated SSD nut can speak more informatively on the relative quality of these drives, but short of any major serial defects I think I'll be ok.

Well, I have two good bits of news for the both of us (and anyone else interested). First, I contacted Newegg, and they are going to do a $20 refund for me to match the sale price. I just needed to purchase it, which I did this morning, and then email the rep I spoke with the order number. After processing and refunding is done, it will come out to $274.99 with no mail in rebates. I think other [H] members that link this and politely contact a rep have a good chance of getting it honored, especially if they took a screen shot with the lower price and date listed. I know "prices are subject to change, blah blah blah..." but I also know newegg, and they are usually really good about this kind of stuff, unless the promotion had been over for a while.

Second, I saw an extremely promising review here:

http://www.storagereview.com/sandisk_extreme_ssd_review

What really knocked our socks off though are the 4K QD1 random reads of 8,144 IOPS, beating the Intel SSD 520 by 7% and the OCZ Vertex 3 MAX IOPS by 28%. This is largely thanks to SanDisk's own MLC Toggle NAND.

They mention the toggle NAND as well, and on Tom's SSD performance hierarchy, it lists this type of NAND (in the 240GB variety, which this drive is) as the top tier.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-price-ssd,3070-6.html

I'm very excited to get this drive. Right now it definitely appears to be the top performance per dollar without sacrificing the capacity per dollar consideration at the same time. The cheapest drive I could find that competes with this one speed-wise is $289 after a hefty mail in rebate. This rebate is instant!

Well, I have two good bits of news for the both of us (and anyone else interested). First, I contacted Newegg, and they are going to do a $20 refund for me to match the sale price. I just needed to purchase it, which I did this morning, and then email the rep I spoke with the order number. After processing and refunding is done, it will come out to $274.99 with no mail in rebates. I think other [H] members that link this and politely contact a rep have a good chance of getting it honored, especially if they took a screen shot with the lower price and date listed. I know "prices are subject to change, blah blah blah..." but I also know newegg, and they are usually really good about this kind of stuff, unless the promotion had been over for a while.

Second, I saw an extremely promising review here:

http://www.storagereview.com/sandisk_extreme_ssd_review

They mention the toggle NAND as well, and on Tom's SSD performance hierarchy, it lists this type of NAND (in the 240GB variety, which this drive is) as the top tier.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-price-ssd,3070-6.html

I'm very excited to get this drive. Right now it definitely appears to be the top performance per dollar without sacrificing the capacity per dollar consideration at the same time. The cheapest drive I could find that competes with this one speed-wise is $289 after a hefty mail in rebate. This rebate is instant!

I went through that review and I think that Tom's chart is where I got my impressions from. I actually bought my drive early at $279 so I didn't have an issue with the price.

There are a few more reviews up around the net now. Judging by the looks of things, short of some kind of defect we might have gotten away with highway robbery.

I went through that review and I think that Tom's chart is where I got my impressions from. I actually bought my drive early at $279 so I didn't have an issue with the price.

There are a few more reviews up around the net now. Judging by the looks of things, short of some kind of defect we might have gotten away with highway robbery.

I think you might be right. Instant rebate is unheard of right now for a drive this fast with 24nm synchronous toggle NAND. I read one more overall positive review of this drive, but it wasn't thorough like the one I posted above. No use linking it here.

I got my drive today and...it came in a padded envelope with very little actual padding. The actual box that the disk comes in is pretty much plastic frame in cardboard package. When they said it doesn't come with anything, they weren't kidding...

Drive looks ok for now, should be installing it in a week or two.

I got my drive today and...it came in a padded envelope with very little actual padding. The actual box that the disk comes in is pretty much plastic frame in cardboard package. When they said it doesn't come with anything, they weren't kidding...

Drive looks ok for now, should be installing it in a week or two.

Week or two?? Bah. Thanks for keeping us waiting. :p

Back