The Gentlemen's Rant: iPad

OK, let me get this straight: this isn't called iPad 3? No number after iPad this time? If so, isn't this going to cause insane mass confusion and Apple fans to jump off buildings?

HAHAHAHA that was great.

"It's not something I am proud of" I just about died.

Grog know electronics. Grog no like change. Grog RAGE!!!!

Awesome! The part about LTE on the shittiest network, AT&T, was comedy gold!

I almost closed the video when he started with Apple being the most innovative company in the world.

OK, let me get this straight: this isn't called iPad 3? No number after iPad this time? If so, isn't this going to cause insane mass confusion and Apple fans to jump off buildings?

IMO it wouldn't be so bad if they hadn't already called the last one the iPad 2. Now it's just weird.

guys.. it wasn't that funny.. I know because of all your apple hate it magically makes these videos HILARIOUS, AWESOME, WICKED AND SHIT

guys.. it wasn't that funny.. I know because of all your apple hate it magically makes these videos HILARIOUS, AWESOME, WICKED AND SHIT

Couldn't have said it better myself. Too many people on their high horses.

Get over yourself. I own and love a bunch of apple products. The video was fantastic.

I just watched that shit on my 72" LED screen... you mad bro?

Ok guys. Anyone laughing, stop doing so right now. The arbiter of funny has arrived and decreed this not funny.

People are making this so hard.

It's a 3rd gen iPad.

They have called the iPad touch simply iPad touch for years. Nothing else. They have always, however, been referred to as gen 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 etc... by all resellers.

Jeebus.

And yes, I agree they should have stuck with what they started and called it the iPad 3. But it's not as hard as people are making it out to be.

People are making this so hard.

It's a 3rd gen iPad.

They have called the iPad touch simply iPad touch for years. Nothing else. They have always, however, been referred to as gen 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 etc... by all resellers.

Jeebus.

Considering this is a forum with some knowledgable people, its hilarious how hard this concept is to grasp for the lot.

Honestly I was disappointed with that video. The Gentlemen's Rant's are usually way better than that. Apple and this new iPad is 90% low-hanging fruit yet they only spent 10% of their time on that 90% and then spent 90% of their time on the toughest 10%.

Not at all.

What do people call portable devices that play digital music files? iPods. Even if they are not the Apple iPod brand, they still call them iPods. Much like people call soda Coke, even when they don't mean the Coke brand of soda. Apple spent years building up this image: people think "iPod" first, and then "MP3 players" as an afterthought.

Apple is trying to do the same thing with tablets. They don't want people to think "Tablet" and then specific brands afterwards. They want people to think "iPad" first and then "Tablets" afterwards. They are positioning "iPad" to be the ubiquitous term everyone uses for a tablet, even when they don't mean the Apple iPad brand.

This strategy worked on the iPod, so it's no surprise they are doing the same thing with the iPad.

Apple fans don't jump off buildings, only the people making the products do...

I get the feeling Steve posts the video and then just auto refreshes the resulting thread laughing until he hits the floor.

I didn't laugh, mainly because I've heard everything in it before. Well, that and the one guy looked like the 'sparkly vampire' from the Twilight commercials and that completely ruined any chance of it being funny for me.

You wanna watch a movie on my new iPad?

Na I think I'll watch one on my 72" Led. You mad bro?

Honestly I was disappointed with that video. The Gentlemen's Rant's are usually way better than that.

This whole thread is like showing someone Yahtzee's Zero Punctuation for the first time and having them think it's ZOMG GREATEST THING EVER.

I think it's awsome that their 600$ 9" tablet has a higher resolution (touch) screen than their 2500$ 17" "pro" laptop.

I thought this was pretty funny, and we have a number of apple products in my house.

Does everyone run around in confusion without macbooks having sequential numbering?

I think there will be some point of confusion, but I think it's a bad move to start with a numbering scheme and then all the sudden drop it.

That's like if I bought a 2012 Dodge Challenger, and then all the sudden Dodge says, we don't want to use a year with our naming convention, so now it will be called Dodge Challenger 3.

That's where people are bitching about Apple's so call "refresh" marketing.

I'm mad that tvs are still at 1080p!

We'll soon have 4k televisions. It will be awhile until they meet the same costs that TV's are now.

I want to say either Sony or Samsung is pushing one out this fall. So if you got a spare 2-3k in your pocket, you can get a first gen 4k TV.

There is a Sony projector that does 4k.

Just no 4k source material available... Unless you happen to own a RED camera.

Back