Chaintech Returning To Motherboard And Graphics Card Market?

HardOCP News

[H] News
Wow, anyone remember these guys?

Walton Chaintech chairman Lu Li-Cheng (transliterated from Chinese), pointed out that the company has many years of experience in motherboard and graphics card production, R&D and marketing and as the company received OEM orders from Colorful, the company expects to gradually return back to branding business in 2013 and is targeting to breakeven in 2012.

Heh.. I've still got a Chaintech AV-710M sound card in a drawer somewhere. Wasn't all that long ago that it was one of the 'cool' sound cards to have.

My first ever motherboard was a Chaintech for my old AMD K5 166, would be nice to see them return, the user manual was great and very detailed, learned a lot with that board.

Heh.. I've still got a Chaintech AV-710M sound card in a drawer somewhere. Wasn't all that long ago that it was one of the 'cool' sound cards to have.

7-8 years ago I remember thinking about the AV710 and the EMU 0404. I ended up buying both.

Always good to have more competition. Unlike the shit that Epox put out, Chaintech actually seemed like they were worth the fuss.

Last time I saw Chaintech I was still using 486 (back in the 90's). Nice mobo's but hard to find

I won a Chaintech AMD-based mobo a while back. It worked perfectly -- never had an issue with it.

WHOA There still around? That's ablast from the past!

Well... Lets see what they bring to the party... =)

I had a Chaintech 5200 video card. Bought it from NewEgg back in 04 as a hold over for the 6600GT. Pretty sure it's in the basement in my 'functioning spare parts' box.

awesome... I have several old Chaintech geforce cards and a via kt333 chipset motherboard of theirs. All the cards ran like champs... I didn't use the board at all, just got it for nostalgic purposes. Anyways, I always liked the look of their products. Nice to hear they're staging a comeback. :)

Had a Chaintech Geforce4 TI 4200... the memory overclocked to 4400 speed no problem... and the core scampered past the 4600 with no issue.

I also had several of Chaintech's Via Envy Sound cards... I kinda wish Via's driver support wasn't so... lackluster... otherwise I'd still be using those Envy's.

Suh-weet. I had a Socket 754/939 Chaintech board, ran great, very detailed manual, etc.

Won an AMD Chainteck Board a few years back...

It died 3 times.... then sold it.... it re-died

yea I remember them.

I used to love their tacky ass gold fan that they put on north bridges. I hope they bring the bling back!

I still have a Chaintech video card in an old system. Great card. The fan on it died but I just put a slot blower under it and it works fine. Never had any problems with it except for the fan.

my first "real" video card was a chaintech.

also my first "real" htpc ran the av-710 like everyone else :D

Cool, I used Chaintech motherboards almost exclusively back in the AMD Athlon Days...built several systems for myself and friends.....the boards were rock solid, good price, good features.

They bailed on us once. Why should we give them a second chance?

I remember their bright yellow themed motherboard with Yellow rubbed wrapped IDE cables.

I had 1 dead video card from them and....and AV-710. Like everyone else. Don't mess with success.

I really feel old that I know them. Hope they do well though. Always welcome a new company to the fray to choose.

I almost bought an nForce2 board from them but I ended up getting a DFI Lanparty and it died in a couple days. I ended up getting an Abit NF7-S.

Now there's a company I'd like to see Abit make a comeback. Except in a time when a flaky chipset doesn't cost them a fortune in RMAs and drive them out of business. :p

It will be nice to have some more competition, but I wouldn't want a board with shiny gold heatsinks n' shit on it.

*Now Abit is a company I'd like to see make a comeback. <--that's what I meant lol

so...products fabbed by Foxcon or PCChips (Elite Group?) & rebranded by Chaintech?

be still, my heart!

I had a 845 chaintech motherboard, and a chaintech ti4600. Both lasted way longer than they should have.

*Now Abit is a company I'd like to see make a comeback. <--that's what I meant lol

This 1000 times this.

I was complete abit for motherboards until the dfi 939 era. had craxy overclocks on my old bx6 and then kx7333, and of course then the legendary nf7-s

came back to them and my early 775 was all abit. still using the ip35-pro in my htpc and just gave a friend a system built around the ip-35e

Buddy if mines been rocking a Chaintech 6600GT since about 2004. still going strong today.

Master [H];1038470691 said:
Always good to have more competition. Unlike the shit that Epox put out, Chaintech actually seemed like they were worth the fuss.

Epox is probably my favorite of all the "ancient" board manufacturers. I loved every board I ever bought from them.

Back