GIGABYTE Celebrates 4 Generations of Ultra Durable Motherboards

HardOCP News

[H] News
GIGABYTE, a leading manufacturer of motherboards and graphics cards, today announced their upcoming 7 series motherboards will boast GIGABYTE’s industry leading Ultra Durable™ 4 technology, helping to safe-guard GIGABYTE motherboards from common everyday threats, including humidity and moisture, electro-static discharge, sudden power loss and high operating temperatures.

“With the launch of the first Ultra Durable motherboard in 2006, GIGABYTE revolutionized the motherboard industry by making quality the number one focus in our motherboard design,” commented Henry Kao, Vice President of GIGABYTE Motherboard Business Unit. “Five and a half years later, GIGABYTE maintains our leadership in quality design by equipping our upcoming 7 series motherboards with even more lifespan enhancing technologies in the form of Ultra Durable™ 4.”

My 785GA-UD3H and 880GA-UD3H are still going strong. The former crashed about two weeks ago but after some process of elimination, it's the ram that had the problem. After replacing the ram, the mobo is strong as ever! Yup, this mobo are ultra durable considering the 785GA has been in use for more than 3 years at least.

My 785GA-UD3H and 880GA-UD3H are still going strong. The former crashed about two weeks ago but after some process of elimination, it's the ram that had the problem. After replacing the ram, the mobo is strong as ever! Yup, this mobo are ultra durable considering the 785GA has been in use for more than 3 years at least.
3 years is nothing; my P35-DS3R (Ultra Durable 2) is 4.5 years old now! :)

Still, UD is mostly a marketing gimmick if you ask me. Plenty of non-UD motherboards that last a long time.
I know people who are still using 7 year old Pentium 4's with el-cheapo motherboards.
And my own Windows 98 retro-gaming pc has a 11 year old MSI 6330 K7T Turbo (Socket-A :)) !!!

Gigabyte is what I use in my shop, and the DoAs and warrenty returns are very low. We've used MSIs, ASUS, Foxconn and DFI in the past, and the only ones that had lower return rates were the DFIs.

Everything is better when compared to Foxconn. After using them for only 1 year, over the next 5 years we've had 97 returns with blown caps. We only sold 114 of them...

Most stable mobos for me so far are GA-890GPA-UD3H

The BIOS are goofy and the NICs stop working after a while and need rebooting, but rock solid otherwise.

Everything is better when compared to Foxconn. After using them for only 1 year, over the next 5 years we've had 97 returns with blown caps. We only sold 114 of them...

Let me see if i understand this correctly. You sold 114 Foxconns and 97 of them had their caps blown within 5 years? Wow, that's a huge percentage of failure! :eek:

Let me see if i understand this correctly. You sold 114 Foxconns and 97 of them had their caps blown within 5 years? Wow, that's a huge percentage of failure! :eek:

Yup, I'm not even kidding. goto the ghetto mod thread to see the model we used. they were all 915 or 945 chipset boards and all of them had bad caps by the PCI-E slot or the CPU VRM caps would go. The only ones we have still in service were the ones based on 955X, and even those have come back with bad caps.

GA-P35-DS3L still going strong. The only P35 board I have left that hasn't had anything break at one time or another. It has been running daily since I purchased it five years ago.

The system I'm typing this on right now is running on a GA-EP45-UD3P, which has been the most solid board that I've ever used. Ended up buying two of them I was so impressed. =) Also bought a GA-965QM-DS2 for my NAS server and just picked up a GA-MA785GM-US2H. All great boards.

GA-EP45-UD3L user here. Three years of hard work and not a single issue. I'll be upgrading this year and I will be purchasing a Gigabyte Ultra Durable.

Back