SilverStone Strider Gold Evolution Power Supply Review @ [H]

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
SilverStone Strider Gold Evolution Power Supply Review - Today SilverStone delivers not one but two new power supplies to our testing gauntlet and promises the perfect balance of performance, efficiency, and quality. These fully modular single rail 1000W and 850W units also sport SilverStone Air Penetrator fans along with included magnetically installed 140mm FF141 fan filters.

As far as the PSU's go, i wouldn't rule out either of those as an upgrade, should i get SLI/Crossfire GPU's in the near future.

Last edited by a moderator:
Low and behold today these are coming in at the right price! At $158 for the ST85F-G Evolution and at $214 for the ST1000-G Evolution both of these units are coming in less expensive than the premium units that posted good but mixed results in comparison. Further, the ST1000-G Evolution is close to a clean sweep of providing a better value than the recent ~1000W units we have reviewed. So while not the absolute best units we have seen in respective output ranges in any one aspect, the Strider Gold Evolution series comes to us today with the right blend of performance and price to make it a compelling option for users looking for something evolved and something gold…or at least silver in our book.

with just the price performance ratio one would think the gold award would be warranted?

i mean for 158 for a 850w gold spec'd psu is pretty awesome

Back