Facebook Growth In U.S. Has Slowed

HardOCP News

[H] News
I'm not sure why this is a surprise to anyone, now that every man, woman, child and business in this country has a Facebook page, what kind of "growth" can you expect?

Growth numbers are not indicative of the popularity of a website, once sites are as big as Facebook, surely that pace will slow. As far as U.S. numbers go, critics of Facebook need to worry less about growth rate, and more about the total active users, because when it comes down to it, it appears that Facebook is going to be difficult for any new social network platform to catch. No matter how fast they grow.

I just had my 9th kid. They took blood, foot prints and gave me a username for their new FB account. :D

Seems today only the ones who don't want to use FB don't use it. Simple, amount of available users is limited.

Thats because everyone in the US is already signed up to FB, only ones left who havent, are the smart ones!

Its because there are no new games. Which means no new reason to make a load of accounts to send yourself items from.

Thats because everyone in the US is already signed up to FB, only ones left who havent, are the smart ones!

Exactly, you can't expect exponential user growth to continue with a service where someone's only ever going to make one account.

There's plenty of people (ie: People who dont want to lose their job + people who want to GET a job) that don't touch it. As well as people that find it stupid and worthless (a la blogging / tweeting).

"what kind of "growth" can you expect? "

Fake growth! GO GO facebook ponzi-schemes

There's plenty of people (ie: People who dont want to lose their job + people who want to GET a job) that don't touch it. As well as people that find it stupid and worthless (a la blogging / tweeting).
This is not really correct, no one said you have to use FB on behalf of your real you. No one tells you to sign up with your name, picture, address where you live and place where you work or study. I have FB account as well although the entire profile and everything there is completely fake and I can't be traced and found by anyone, happily I'm the one who tracks down others(based on the needs :D )

"what kind of "growth" can you expect? "

Fake growth! GO GO facebook ponzi-schemes

Maybe they will start paying people to create fake accounts, so they can continue thier explosive growth.

FB would be so much better if you could see everyones profile and post on whoever's you want without stuff being deleted by the pages owner.

Once that happens I might create an account :D

Guess I'm a result of the slow in growth.

Fuck you FB, I still have yet to EVER create an account there. I'm above the system.

"Out of 308 million Americans, 133 million use Facebook."

This can't be right, I calculated that at least 70% of Americans are zombies and this data shows less than 50% are zombies.

FB would be so much better if you could see everyones profile and post on whoever's you want without stuff being deleted by the pages owner.

Once that happens I might create an account :D

lolwut

I cancelled my Facebook account because I was tired of having my every move tracked. Do I get a cookie? :p

Speak for yourself, I do not have a FB, twitter or any other social media page. I do not foresee hoping on that band wagon anytime soon either.

I personally do have one even though I did not use it for at least a year or so. Everyone I have on it I have at least meet in life and know. Also, it is primarily used to help keep up with my fellow runners and Checkers AC folks.

So, how many of you guys are actually competitive runners and not just someone banging on his/her keyboard everyday?

Back