Stupid Criminals of the Day

HardOCP News

[H] News
So you decide to hack into Sony's super secret servers, what do you take while you are there? Money? Secrets? Management information? How about Michael Jackson songs? Yeah, that's totally worth going to jail for. :rolleyes:

Sony would not confirm how much music was stolen or what artists were involved. But a person familiar with the situation, who was not authorized to speak publicly, said Monday that the suspects were Jackson fans and had taken his music, including unreleased material.

So, not only did they steal shitty music (if made after the 80s,) but so shitty they didn't even dare release it before?

So, not only did they steal shitty music (if made after the 80s,) but so shitty they didn't even dare release it before?
This. Although I'm kinda looking forward to seeing the "new" MJ music inevitably going to be posted all over.

Bootlegs by pirates are an important part of our history, even if it's shitty! Just ask George Lucas about the Star Wars Holiday Special :D

Not a big MJ fan, however I know of many people, like pretty much all of Japan and other countries that are big for him.

Depending on what exactly it was I suppose it could be worth a great deal.

I dont know I agree about the "Stupid" tag. More like less then greedy criminal.... though if your going to steal you should do it right out of principal if nothing else, right?

Even in the 80s I did not care for MJ music. People into bands like The Cure and The Stranglers just don't go there. Fuck MJ, there were a thousand bands around at the time that made better music.

Even in the 80s I did not care for MJ music. People into bands like The Cure and The Stranglers just don't go there. Fuck MJ, there were a thousand bands around at the time that made better music.

That's highly subjective but ok....lol

There was both good and bad music in all these bands, just like in MJ.
The bad is soon forgotten, let's remember them all for the good music they made at the top of their creative game.

And it's really not like one is better than the other, it all depends on the genre you want to listen to in a particular moment.

I don't know... there are only so many valuable things you are going to be find hacking into servers and it would take too much time to dig for major trade secrets, without having insider knowledge of where to look. Half the time hackers break into the servers, just to waste their time defacing the website - now that's stupid. I would rather see Anonymous under the "Stupid Criminals of the Day" threads.

Posthumous, unreleased recordings from the "king of pop" are bound to be worth something. ...even if he was a pedo.

That's highly subjective but ok....lol

It's not subjective because I was heavily into the music scene for that time period and MJ was just catchy pop music and lacked depth. Music for the masses and nothing more.

It's not subjective because I was heavily into the music scene for that time period and MJ was just catchy pop music and lacked depth. Music for the masses and nothing more.

But but but 80's pop had good videos, which redeemed them. Thriller. THRILLER. (oh and MTV actually played music videos, that helped)

As far as the guy saying "nothing after the 80's is any good", sounds like he is either stuck on a particular genre/generation (aka the 14 forever theory) or only uses the fm radio as his source of "new" music. There is a ton of great stuff out there, you just have to look for it. Satellite radio is a great start, but you really gotta swim through a sea of blogs/forums/youtube channels to find the good stuff. It sucks, but that's corporate mainstream entertainment. :-(

Watch out guys, we are dealing with a, *puts on sunglasses*, smooth criminal.
Terminator-deal-with-it.gif

I find it interesting, these guys had no real "hacking" experience, so Lulz goes in does there crap, blah blah blah, than 2 nobodies go in, on a "super secret server" with no problems? Really? REALLY SONY?!?!?!

Funny how both those Brits are named James M. I wonder where if James May (the "Top Gear" guy - Capt. Slow) was also involved. :p :D

Back