PlayStation Network is Down for 14hrs on Sunday

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
No, it’s not Déjà vu all over again, this time Sony is taking down the network instead of hackers. The PlayStation Network will be down for approximately 14 hours for overdue scheduled maintenance.

What an inconsiderate decision. They should have waited until Monday at the least.

Sony are stupid idots!

What update takes 14 hours?

They sure want to piss off their users. Does HardOCP take 14 hours for updates? No! You think they would know how to upgrade everything to backup hardware, and then do the swap, even if it's a hard cutover with patch cables. Wow!

Sony are stupid idots!

What update takes 14 hours?

They sure want to piss off their users. Does HardOCP take 14 hours for updates? No! You think they would know how to upgrade everything to backup hardware, and then do the swap, even if it's a hard cutover with patch cables. Wow!

This just in, HardOCP is equivalent to PSN.

Nothing new here, oh wait, their network was WORKING to begin with? THAT's news!

I never understood why any service needs to go down for maintenance, especially a software based system. Code all the updates in dev, move to test, test it, once it's ready, move it to live, recompile, restart, done. What are they doing, actually coding the changes while it's down? Seems silly to take a system down that long. Not that I care, I just find it crazy that multi billion dollar corporations are less organized than I am with my free game server.

Well, at least it's no [H]acker driven do the followers know it'll be back soon!

Oh my, down for 14 hours? What in the world am I going to do without such a vital service over this vast period of time? To the forums!!!!

For those not sure what do with themselves through this trying time, here are a few suggestions:
- ride a bike
- redo cable management
- fly a kite
- read a book
- talk to humans face to face; a girl perhaps
- write another 20 page essay on console ports and how they ruined your life

Hang in there everyone. We'll be okay if we stick together. :);):D

I think people's main problem with PSN going down is that they never appear to change or improve anything. It just goes down, some time passes, then the exact same thing comes back online.

I didn't see anyone saying how great XBL is.. so I'll chime in. I really like how XBL rarely goes down. Not that I ever play console games online... or any games really.

Guess I'm not a game nerd anymore.

I didn't see anyone saying how great XBL is.. so I'll chime in. I really like how XBL rarely goes down. Not that I ever play console games online... or any games really.

Guess I'm not a game nerd anymore.

Yeah XBL definitely seems to go down less frequently, and usually it does so for a reason that people can understand and see. Sony just sort of random decides when PSN maintenance needs to happen, then the whole thing goes offline and comes back with 0 changes.

Sony could definitely use a bit more transparency here.

Oh my, down for 14 hours? What in the world am I going to do without such a vital service over this vast period of time? To the forums!!!!

For those not sure what do with themselves through this trying time, here are a few suggestions:
- ride a bike
- redo cable management
- fly a kite
- read a book
- talk to humans face to face; a girl perhaps
- write another 20 page essay on console ports and how they ruined your life

Hang in there everyone. We'll be okay if we stick together. :);):D

But, but... some of those things involve... *shudders*... going outside!

:rolleyes:

If people are really complaining about the PSN going down for half a day (I have and love a PS3 for the record), they REALLY need a new hobby, or some [real life] friends.

Yeah XBL definitely seems to go down less frequently, and usually it does so for a reason that people can understand and see. Sony just sort of random decides when PSN maintenance needs to happen, then the whole thing goes offline and comes back with 0 changes.

Sony could definitely use a bit more transparency here.

Actually, it might be due to an exploit for the Vita that was to be released after this weeks normal maintenance time (they ended up delaying it to Sunday).

The worst was when PSN went down and Heavy Rain wouldn't allow you to play without it. Heavy Rain didn't even have an online multiplayer component.

anyone know how long left?
just got a vita, wanting to try online

Back