Game Studio Hiring For Next-Gen Console System

HardOCP News

[H] News
If you are in need of a job and have the skills required, the folks at ReadyatDawn Studios are hiring.

Are you ready to work on an exciting new AAA IP for a Next-Generation home console game system? Ready At Dawn is working on a 3rd Person Action Adventure and is looking for talented, motivated and self-directed developers to join our team. Industry experience is a plus but not a requirement. All our positions are full-time.

Is this really appropriate for a front page news post? This looks like an advert to me. How many companies are hiring for their next game right now? Probably more than just this one.

Remember that in industry lingo "next generation" still applies to the 6 year old current consoles.

Generalist would be a great job title. Most people would think you were some kind of doctor, though I suppose actual doctors would think you were some kind of crazy. Plus every day at work when the boss told you to do something specific, you could say "I can't...i'm a generalist". :D

Next gen gaming is already here on the PC. Consoles are always behind.

You'll get hired, work 12 hour shifts to make deadline. One it's released, you're canned.
Rinse and repeat.

No industry experience requiring doesn't exactly inspire confidence regarding how good the end product will be for me. Not sure why.... but it sounds like they are willing to hire fresh 'I took a 6 month course of '3DMax + Maya' students.

No industry experience requiring doesn't exactly inspire confidence regarding how good the end product will be for me. Not sure why.... but it sounds like they are willing to hire fresh 'I took a 6 month course of '3DMax + Maya' students.

Who cares if they're decent and can prove they are? Would you not take a 3d artist who could show you amazing work, better than any of the "professionals" because they hadn't worked on a professional project before?

Back