Excel web services - "unsupported features" message?

cyclone3d

[H]F Junkie
So I am having a bugger of a time figuring out why my excel file is giving me the "unsupported features" message when I load it in a web browser.

I don't have any shapes in the file, which is the only thing I could even find that would supposedly cause this warning message.

My excel file does have a decent amount of macros in it, but no macros run when the file is opened. They are all setup on a separate sheet and have buttons set up for them.

Sharepoint 2010 / excel services 2010 is supposed to support excel files with macros.

Well, apparently, it looks like it is because it can't run macros.

Does anybody know how to disable the warning that comes up in the renderer when you load the file in a browser?

Is the actual Excel file .xls or .xlsx? Embedded macros are only supported on .xlsx, IIRC.

Found a "workaround" from a forum post where another person was having the same issue.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com...g/thread/e6894877-d1f1-45b9-90c9-f7749c15f937

You just have to add this to the page code and it hides the error message(s)

This will only work if you are running Sharepoint Services 2010 (or higher I would imagine) as 2007 is not able to load files that have "unsupported features".

Code:
<style type="text/css">
 .ewa-bb {
 HEIGHT: 0px
 }

</style>

<script type="text/javascript">

var timerIntervalId = 0;
 var numIntervals = 0;
 var renameCnt = 0;

timerIntervalId = setInterval ( "renameEWADetailsButton()", 500 );

function renameEWADetailsButton() {