Apple Loophole Gives Developers Access to Photos

HardOCP News

[H] News
Is it just me or does it seem like there is a never ending stream of crap like this being uncovered lately? :(

As it turns out, address books are not the only things up for grabs. Photos are also vulnerable. After a user allows an application on an iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch to have access to location information, the app can copy the user’s entire photo library, without any further notification or warning, according to app developers.

any wonder why the air force said "no thanks" to a huge order of ipads here lately?

If you tout your entire platform as closed, off limits, and secret all for the sake of security.... shouldnt it be... well.... pretty damn secure?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

APPLE IS THE BEST THE NEVER DO ANYTHING WRONG

SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP

OK now seriously does it seem like Apple has more holes in it then any other platform?

IOS - brought to you by the same company that left a critical security vulnerability unpatched for 7 months (though an update I might add).

Apple users don't need to worry about viruses though. The ghost of Steve Jobs will protect them.

Not really a shocker if you have a developer account. Their is a reason they make the built-in apps so easy to use: You are the product. Anybody who doesn't go into it with that mindset is asking for disappointment and doesn't need/won't care. That is why all my contacts, photos and the like are all behind third-party open-source apps and I run jailbreaked with a firewall.

Not like people outside of privacy circles really give two shits though... you think a teenager cares how iMessage works "magically" between pads, phones and desktops or how the camera roll literally no locks on it and any "free" game/app you download from itunes can upload it to their servers along with your contacts.

No worries folks. Hackers don't hack apple products. They only mess with Microsoft and Android stuff.

didnt jobs when he was alive warn ipad/iphone users to be careful what app they buy and installed as developers trying to profit form peeps info?

This is just the case of an OS getting more popular and more vulnerabiilities being discovered.
didnt jobs when he was alive warn ipad/iphone users to be careful what app they buy and installed as developers trying to profit form peeps info?
This should be applied to everything.

Back