Is VMware Player 64bit?

Hello, just wanting to confirm...the download says its for 32/64bit systems but the install seems to be defaulting to my 32bit folder (Win7). I cant seem to find a 64bit version. Read through the faq and didnt find anything. :confused:

Thanks in advanced.

Well I don't think VMware provides multiple versions of the installer, so if it put it in the x86 folder then it is 32bit.

That wont affect anything virtualization-wise however - it will still run 64bit guests.

Well I don't think VMware provides multiple versions of the installer, so if it put it in the x86 folder then it is 32bit.

That wont affect anything virtualization-wise however - it will still run 64bit guests.

Thanks for clarifying.

A new issue, I cant seem to install anything 64bit. Get all sorts of prompts saying I don't have a 64bit processor. Specs in my sig. I tried Linux Mint, Ubuntu, and Windows 8 Developer Preview. Any suggestions?

I assume you are sure you have a 64-bit CPU? I seem to recall some of the 64-bit processors don't have virtualization tech they need, so they can't run 64-bit guests. Either that or you need to check your bios and make sure vt-x is enabled (or the amd equivalent if you have an amd proc.)

Last edited:
Hello, just wanting to confirm...the download says its for 32/64bit systems but the install seems to be defaulting to my 32bit folder (Win7). I cant seem to find a 64bit version. Read through the faq and didnt find anything. :confused:

Thanks in advanced.

Are you referring to Workstation? The executables responsible for the main interface, the notification icon, and Unity are all 32-bit. The executable responsible for each virtual machine instance is 64-bit. I guess by Microsoft's folder conventions programs that consist of both 32-bit and 64-bit programs are counted as only 32-bit.

Confirmed via Windows Task Manager. Hope that helps.

Back