Blast to the Past with Midway Arcade for iOS

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
If you enjoyed playing arcade games when you were a kid or just like playing retro games that you never got a chance to play at the arcade, Midway Arcade is bringing it all back on iOS.

The virtual arcade is a nice touch, and the ability to play ten of the most famous games of all times for the insanely low price of 99 cents should be enough for anyone.

Since I grew up in the 70's the arcade was a cherished part of my childhood. I've tried other Midway collections for consoles over the years but nothing truly filled that arcade experience void.

So I built this.... It makes me smile every time I power it on.

IMG_1465.jpg

Emulators work, but is against Apples app store. In other words you need to jailbreak. So long as you have the roms, which are like only a few kilobytes, depending on how old the machine is you're trying to emulate.

I think it is ridiculous they still charge for these games period. I don't care if they are only 99 cents because thats 99 cents too much. Some of these games are older than most people on this forum and should just be public domain by now.

Since I grew up in the 70's the arcade was a cherished part of my childhood. I've tried other Midway collections for consoles over the years but nothing truly filled that arcade experience void.

Nice!!! I've always wanted to build one of these just never gotten around to it, yours looks very clean, nice game running too.

You know, for a retro game, I think this should've been rightfully in WP7's metro-like platform.

Nice build :eek:

This is the only way to relive the arcade experience. Not sure how anyone can do it on a iOS, lol. That's nothing like an arcade at all.

Back