Study Says We're Getting Less Friendly On Facebook

HardOCP News

[H] News
I could swear there was a study just last month claiming the total opposite of what this study says. Kinda makes you wonder if the "experts" ever actually talk to each other. :confused:

The report released Friday by the Pew Internet & American Life Project found that people are managing their privacy settings and their online reputation more often than they did two years earlier. For example, 44% of respondents said in 2011 that they deleted comments from their profile on a social networking site. Only 36% said the same thing in 2009.

How do you go from this:
managing their privacy settings and their online reputation more often than they did

to this:
Study Says We're Getting Less Friendly On Facebook

Taking care of business, managing your privacy and your reputation is...less friendly? Are IQ's dropping world-wide or something?

Sooo....the more people learn how to use a certain service and tailor it to their needs, the less friendly they are? That title is completely misleading. It just shows people are getting smarter about their public online presence, it has nothing to do about being friendly.

With all the people who got fired for posting crap about their jobs and coworkers on Facebook, can you blame people for the change in behavior?

Pretty much any of these surveys/studies are completely worthless anyway.

If they did another study with the same number of people, but different people, they very well could have gotten the exact opposite results.

Any they only survey'ed a very small percentage of the people that use facebook, etc... 2,277 adults via phone and an undisclosed number of teens.

How is that going to be even slightly accurate?

Of course more people are deleting wall posts, more and more retards are using apps that spam everyone on their friends lists. The only thing I will delete from my wall is crap like "Slurpy, I need help! Join me in Zynga's MafiaVilleTown to bring down the wicked Pope and get 15 free coins!"

Of course more people are deleting wall posts, more and more retards are using apps that spam everyone on their friends lists. The only thing I will delete from my wall is crap like "Slurpy, I need help! Join me in Zynga's MafiaVilleTown to bring down the wicked Pope and get 15 free coins!"

Touche, those are the most annoying requests ever. Thank goodness when you remove one of those posts it gives you the option to remove ALL POSTS from this ACTIVITY so you never have to see it again. I've removed like 8 differeny Zynga application perminately and I can't say I miss seeing the spam from a single one.

Back