The second worst thing inside a computer....

I can't tell what they are. Are those bed bugs? Roaches? That's fucking gross

ewww.

make sure you hose yourself down before going home. Don't take 'em home with ya :D

a mixture...of all???? I can't tell either...posting the video cleaning of it in a few minutes

We had to hold our breath....

Wow, what a crappy PSU. What was the worst thing?

(Yeah I saw the PSU brand name before I saw the bugs, so what?)

Yay.. roaches. Still not as bad as cigarette smoke tar.

Not as bad as dead rodents.

Not as bad as a case that an animal has urinated on.

Hope you take stuff like that out back and blow it out with an air compressor spray nozzle.

If that many roaches were in the case, think of what the building it came from must be like.

The worst thing...a dead snake years ago I found inside one... I don't have a pic to prove tho. (can't find it)

:)

I'd get a baggy and put a hand full of screws, odd bits of metal and, a fan blade in it to hand to the customer and tell him that's all that was left after you cleaned it. :)

Should create a 'Hazardous Waste Removal' fee, that's fucking disgusting.

That kind of case dirt looks like it came from an industrial shop or something.

I do computer work for a automotive repair place....The dust that gets inside is kind of metalic like (think it's brake dust). Really surprising it doesn't kill the systems. In fact, I try not to clean too much, for fear I may move the dust to a bad place and cause something not to work.

This came from a house...that much I know. You should have seen the people...and the car....:(

Some of those definitely resemble bed bugs.

bed-bug-lifecycle-stages.jpg

25yuswsw28295.gif

I've heard stories of cases that had become a cockroach nest and they really stink. I've seen a few bad ones in my time but nothing quite like that. Worst ones for me were always the ones where dog/cat/rabbit/rodent/unknown pet used the tower as a bathroom. Cleaning out dead bugs doesnt bother me as much as having to wipe/hose out a stinky yucky mess.

Recently I was supporting a store that sold yarn, wool, and various other spinning fibers. The insides of their PCs tended to be spotless, it was the intake that would grow a sweater and filter out the dust. :D

At least when you opened the case they were dead. I worked a short time for the geek squad and we got a tower in. when we opened that the thing, live roaches came running out of the case. We could not get that thing closed fast enough. Threw it in a plastic trash bag and called the customer. We told them that their PC was infested with bugs, So they just asked us "Like a virus or something" When it was in the trash bag you could hear them moving in the bag so disgusting.

So how long can creepy crawlies survive inside a computer? I imagine if they don't get killed by electric shock it must be nice and toasty in there.

Blegh. Get some Lye. Make it your friend. I'd be so paranoid that something was hitching a ride home.

Thats gross. Someone who smokes around a pc while its running usually gets pretty bad, thats about the worse ive seen.

what was wrong with the pc (other then infestation)? i would have refused to work on it. gave it back to them and told them to clean out the bugs before i would work on it.

That's freakin' sick. I never would have touched that PC. Yuck!

It's amazing how people live in these conditions. Can only imagine the condition of their living quarters.

The customer told us "It ain't coming up..no how"

We go through so many computers a day..that we're oblivious to the condition until we open the case, or course.

You're right..IF we had seen this firsthand..and the condition it's in...we would have politely explained it to them that it's not sanitary for us to, literally, TOUCH this.

We used gloves when we brought it outside..but the crap flowing around us..I really think got Pat sick later today! He was coughing....

Find out in the AM...he didn't look well.

I recommend version 1.0 of gasoline and a match for that particular type of malware.

"Sorry sir but your pc was a total loss" is what i would've said after bagging it and drop it in a river somewhere.

Back