A Mouse For Your Mouth?

HardOCP News

[H] News
Although it doesn't look like the most comfortable device on the planet, and it requires a tongue piercing, this looks like it would be better than the straw method currently in use.

It's probably for quadriplegics...
ding! ding!

First paragraph:
Tongue Drive is a wireless device that enables people with high-level spinal cord injuries to operate a computer and maneuver an electrically powered wheelchair simply by moving their tongues.
Great news for those in need of such a device. It could immensely improve life for some.
Sadly, I wonder how many who don't will simply have to have one. :rolleyes:

I would feel like gagging all the time wearing that contraption.

Now only if they could do something like this for pens, maybe they wouldn't disappear so often. :D

There must be a way to anchor it, otherwise the retainer could fall off and would choke the target audience to death.

Clearly the person who thought of this has never had peanut butter stuck to the top of his mouth. Absolutely terrible feeling that I wouldn't wish on anyone. :(

Think about the workout your tongue would get. You'd be the ultimate ladies' man. ;)

User: "My left clicker won't work".

Tech Support: "Have you had your Wisdom Teeth removed?"

The problem is that people who really need this, such as ALS patients, lose muscle tone in the tongue and hence this dexterity as well.

Back