What eldritch monstrosity dwells underneath the keys of my keyboard? (Horrific pics)

Skarth

Gawd
So, not too long ago, I bought one of those $10 "gaming" rosewill keyboards off newegg. This is that new keyboard.

newKB1.jpg

So far, so good, works alright. The main thing is that it's new, shiney, and clean. My old keyboard was bought at a best buy about 5 years ago and has seen very heavy use.

oldKB1.jpg

It's a bit nasty, and I last cleaned the keys off about two months ago. But the real story only picks up from there. As the rosewill keyboard came with this little keypuller device for removing keyboard keys...

Keypuller.jpg

This is gonna get used, but first, some "detail" shots of my old nasty keyboard.

wasd1.jpg

oldKB2.jpg

oldKB3.jpg

Now, lets take some keys out...

wasd2.jpg

Or better yet, almost all of them!.

oldKBkeys.jpg

The dark horrors of what lies beneath my keyboard begins to emerge, simply looking at some of the keys I pulled may cause your sanity to drop a bit.

Lshift.jpg

backspace.jpg

The next images will cause outright horror. You have been WARNED!

oldKBnokeys.jpg

oldKBnokeys2.jpg

oldKBnokeys4.jpg

oldKBnokeys3.jpg

wasd3.jpg

On a final note. I do not eat food at my computer. All of this... gunk, is a combination of skin flakes, hair, fingernail clipping, and other unidentifiable muck.

thats outrageous man. did you shower in the last 5 years? nah jk. :) do you have any pets?

Have you ever heard of canned air? Or maybe just flipping the keyboard upside down every now and then and giving it a few good whacks? I'm scared to think of what else could of been living in there!

I have had two cats for years, so that is partly a contribution to all the hair in there. Another reason for that is I've always had fairly long hair.

I've cleaned off the surface of the keyboard several times. Using compressed air could cause some type of black death to get spread about the room though, so too risky.

And my hands are not hairy at all, despite what religion teaches me *should* happen...

This should be broadcasted on Discovery Channel in the show called "What lies below"

Change your username to Sasquatch...

As I was looking at the pictures, I got and grabbed a can of compressed air and started using it.

Back