LG Unveils the 5-inch Optimus Vue ‘Phablet’

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Get used to the new terminology because it looks like the wave of the future for smartphones and tablets alike. LG announced the release of the Optimus Vue ‘phablet’, a blending of the best of a smartphone and tablet together in a pocket-sized edition. The Optimus Vue will be available in Korea next month.

Those are an awkward shape. At least the one she's holding. It's looks too..wide? Square? IDK

Too big to be a phone, too small to be a tablet. People want their phones to be smaller, and their tablets to be bigger. Even the almost-square shape is awkward.

Too big to be a phone, too small to be a tablet. People want their phones to be smaller, and their tablets to be bigger. Even the almost-square shape is awkward.

i disagree, although the squareness and 1024x768 native resolution is a step backwards....i am all over a Samsung Note if an LTE version hits Verizon this year

Looks like the typical Korean with plastic surgery. No thanks.

Although 90% of them wanted that, only 48% have that. She's probably one of those that wanted it but can't afford/get it. Probably had to rely on "just" make-up. :p

A lot of Koreans get minor plastic surgery but its not like pig disgusting implants or anything super fake like that.

The reason I said that is, typically they go for this: Double Eyelids, Nose Job, Puffed Eyes. They usually all look like they have gone to the same plastic surgeon. Its sickening. The before and after pictures of them is horrid. I hate it when people generalize and say "All korean girls are hot", maybe after plastic surgery. But pre-surgery? Hell effing no.

It's normal in that society, how vain can they be?

The reason I said that is, typically they go for this: Double Eyelids, Nose Job, Puffed Eyes. They usually all look like they have gone to the same plastic surgeon. Its sickening. The before and after pictures of them is horrid. I hate it when people generalize and say "All korean girls are hot", maybe after plastic surgery. But pre-surgery? Hell effing no.

It's normal in that society, how vain can they be?

Well, do you want to go out with an ugly girl or a pretty girl?

what the hell are double eyelids, and why would you want them?!
Single+Eyelids+v.+Double+Eyelids.jpg

Pretty use most westerners have "double eye lids"

Glad to know the [H] community is still predictable by having the conversation be 90% Korean girl, 10% LG phone!

Wonder what Dell is thinking.. "but.. but.. we had the Streak 5 out almost two years ago".. and no one cared because Dell didn't use that cool "phablet" word, a word that has been around since 2009
'Phablet'. Really? 'Phablet' is the worst product category name since 'spork'.

I lol'd.

Lose the ginormous black borders and replace it with a screen and---they still look too large for easy portatability and too small to be attractive.

agree
that's not fitting in your pocket, so now you have to carry a backpack (purse) at which point this thing is just awkwardly small for the sake of being small and it makes no sense :rolleyes:

This, its also one of the reasons why I bought a iphone.. 3.5" screen vs my old droidx which had a 4.3" screen.. just way to damn big in my hands and wanted something smaller, I already have a 7" samsung galaxy tablet so I don't need a "mini" tablet :rolleyes:

Glad to know the [H] community is still predictable by having the conversation be 90% Korean girl, 10% LG phone!

Wonder what Dell is thinking.. "but.. but.. we had the Streak 5 out almost two years ago".. and no one cared because Dell didn't use that cool "phablet" word, a word that has been around since 2009

Wait..there was something by LG in that picture of the hot korean girl? ;)

Thanks Dekoth-E- for tipping the ratio back to 90%-10%.. was starting to get worried about all the posts after mine that actually just discussed the phone!!

1285053.jpg

I'm really holding out for the Galaxy Note or similar form-factor to hit Verizon! It still fits in my pocket and I hardly use my smartphone for calls. It'd be great for frequent NetFlix and reading text and comics from my current 4.3" screen. :)

Back