Facebook Could Make $1.2 Billion from Mobile Ads per Year

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Facebook’s IPO and subsequent reporting to stockholders is predicted to change the paradigm of the company’s operations: namely ads are destined for a smartphone near you. Mobile Squared in the UK has crunched the ad revenue numbers and they are impressive.

If you love using the service for free then you’ll have to deal with the reality of Facebook being covered in ads.

The mobile app already sucks so much, ads are gonna make it even worse.

Great Idea, remember the free computers you got if you allowed them to place ads on it. Well maybe they could do the same with phones somehow.:)

Great Idea, remember the free computers you got if you allowed them to place ads on it. Well maybe they could do the same with phones somehow.:)
Too bad they'd stick you with the bandwidth and overage charges.

I see the great exodus of fb users coming. really its mostly teen aged girls that use the service , I really don't see fb being around in its present form in 10 years , the whole social networking craze will go bust..I predict hardocp will be around much longer than FB

If I had to deal with ads on the mobile version I'd probably stop using it on my phone entirely. There's barely enough space to read things as is, and my phone is about the only place I use Facebook now. I'm not sure that's indicative of the general Facebook user base, but one of the things these extrapolations don't take into account is that people use Facebook because it doesn't have many ads. When do those ads start reducing the number of users?

Mobile ads do not convert what so ever. That's been my experience thus far anyway. People are just in a different mindset when they are on mobile devices.

What are you guys talking about? the mobile apps dont have ads at all? Unless i am blind......

Back