Viewsonic V3D245

Beast Mode

Weaksauce
Anyone have experience with this monitor? It's pretty new, and I can't find a good review anywhere. They're all very subjective, but they generally praise the image quality and 3d aspect, but knock the monitor down a bit for the menu controls.

http://www.viewsonic.com.au/products/ppspecs.php?id=514
24 inches (more accurately, 23.6), 120hz, 1080p TN panel (but that goes without saying), built in nVidia 3d emitter, matte, tilt only, generally runs around $500 which imo is way too high for a TN panel of this size, 3d or not. The stand and bezel are somewhat stylized. I'd describe it as "pointy" which might be off putting to some people, but Batman would probably approve.

None of the reviews I've read provided any real objective data or touched on important issues such as:
Backlight Bleed
Calibrated Contrast Ratio
Color Dominance
etc.

There was one very critical review that said the overdrive feature introduced input lag and that you should leave it off. It also gave me some small idea of what the config menu is like.
http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/monitors/1287367/viewsonic-v3d245

Other reviews are more positive.

Really, really good monitor. Have been using it or 3 days and I am amazed at the picture clarity. It is exceptionally well calibrated by default (the best I've seen - only eizo would compare to this level of default calibration, except for color deviation which is within dE=5.) Another best thing is that there is not even a hint of tint of any kind on the display. It is the first TN in my life that doesn't require special calibration to eliminate the tint, blue, red or whatever color. It just doesn't have any. White is white all over the screen. Looking at bright images, games it looks like a high quality IPS screen to me. It looks better than dell u2412m and eizo fs2331 it terms of image clarity and drawn details (it really is..). The AG coating is very similar to that used in Dell u2412m, probably the same coating is used alltogether... Black is dam black too.
In dark scenes, like night in Scyrim for example - it performs like any other TN panel - in another words terribly bad. In dark scenes where is any kind of light that brightens a room for example - it performs nicely. But when it is complete darkness shown on the screen - oh man give me my ips back lol. Or wait for the sunlight for the monitor to start shining again lol. Also it has similar problem to eizo fs2331, wich is details in very dark areas - details getting lost in shadows. Like it's a dark spot on the screen instead of very dark shadow...
That's in short. I think I will do a more detailed review when I spend more time using the display. So far I like it a lot and it looks like a keeper.

Back