Inland gold series?

HvyMtl

[H]ard|Gawd
Ok, I have a friend who is building a new system, It is an AMD FX8120 on a Gigabyte
GA-990FXA-UD3 motherboard, with an AMD 6870 graphics card, a DVD burner, and 1tb SATA hard drive.

When she tries to boot up, there is no video, the mouse does not turn on, and the keyboard lights do not come on. The cpu fan and case fans (total 3 120x120x25mm) do run.

I am wondering why. Is it the Inland Gold Series ILG-600 600 watt power supply? Using Newegg's power supply calculator, she has 100 watts to spare.

I have not had any experience with this power supply brand, and cannot find reviews on it.

Is this the issue, or something else?

Last edited:
Not sure who the OEM is, but from what I can see it's a $45 unit, and you pretty much never get a good 600W for that price. On the other hand, it's hard to tell if it's the PSU when the computer doesn't POST, because it could be caused by a number of other problems than the PSU. But again, that unit does seem questionable at best.

Even if the PSU wasn't the cause, replace it ASAP. From JonnyGuru himself:
Doesn't really look like Huntkey.

But you can tell it's a crappy power supply by the 115/230V input voltage selector. That means it doesn't even have PFC. 10 years ago, that was fine. But these days there's no excuse for not having PFC integrated into your design.

Thread here:
http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2178675

So replace it ASAP. I recommend this as a replacement:
$73 - Antec NEO ECO 620C 620W PSU

If you want to stick to local, I think MC has the Antec Earthwatts 650W for a decent price.

Ok, I have a friend who is building a new system, It is an AMD FX8120 on a Gigabyte
GA-990FXA-UD3 motherboard, with an AMD 6870 graphics card, a DVD burner, and 1tb SATA hard drive.

When she tries to boot up, there is no video, the mouse does not turn on, and the keyboard lights do not come on. The cpu fan and case fans (total 3 120x120x25mm) do run.

I am wondering why. Is it the Inland Gold Series ILG-600 600 watt power supply? Using Newegg's power supply calculator, she has 100 watts to spare.

I have not had any experience with this power supply brand, and cannot find reviews on it.

Is this the issue, or something else?

I'd also suspect the PSU being at least part of the problem: It is one of many that could barely handle even half of its rated wattage. I will try to look at that PSU tomorrow in person (at an area Micro Center); however, it is very likely a Deer- or Leadman-built unit.

update, I think its multifaceted

her friend that supposedly knew how to put computers together (cringe) forced the cpu (yup, did NOT line up the cpu to the socket)

The fans all turn, just no video, no keyboard, and no mouse...

She reinstalled the cpu, correctly, after straightening the pins.

I think she may be out a $200 cpu

I checked the UL number(s) on the ILG 600 PSU, and I found the code "E341598" (the supposed UL number of that PSU), which codes out to Diablotek. I also checked "E253376" (as used on several other Inland-brand PSUs), which codes out to "Coming Data Co Ltd", which turned out to be one of many pseudonyms of Leadman Electronics. And Powmax is one of many brandings used by Leadman.

And since we all know how shitty Powmax really is, I can say that all of the Inland-branded PSUs are rebadged Leadman/Powmax/Diablotek PSUs. In fact, that Inland Gold Series PSU is one of those rebadged Diablotek/Powmax PSUs due to its UL code number of E341598. And even more fortunate, I did not have to crack open the box to find the UL certification number: It's printed right on the box itself.

In other words, HvyMtl, your friend got a total POS of a PSU. Replace it right away before her PC goes up in flames! That PSU can barely handle even 250W (and can't handle even 300W), let alone 600W!

Last edited:
I checked the UL number(s) on the ILG 600 PSU, and I found the code "E341598" (the supposed UL number of that PSU), which codes out to Diablotek. I also checked "E253376" (as used on several other Inland-brand PSUs), which codes out to "Coming Data Co Ltd", which turned out to be one of many pseudonyms of Leadman Electronics. And Powmax is one of many brandings used by Leadman.

And since we all know how shitty Powmax really is, I can say that all of the Inland-branded PSUs are rebadged Leadman/Powmax/Diablotek PSUs. In fact, that Inland Gold Series PSU is one of those rebadged Diablotek/Powmax PSUs due to its UL code number of E341598. And even more fortunate, I did not have to crack open the box to find the UL certification number: It's printed right on the box itself.

In other words, HvyMtl, your friend got a total POS of a PSU. Replace it right away before her PC goes up in flames! That PSU can barely handle even 250W (and can't handle even 300W), let alone 600W!

In addition, the presence of a manual voltage selector switch on that PSU is a giveaway that the ILG-600 does not have Active PFC at all. A sure sign of an old and/or low-quality design to begin with. And with its rated efficiency at only 76 percent, it clearly is a low-quality design as well.

This worries me. My friend bought a Diablotek PSU. He was mislead by a "computer expert" like your friend.

If you want to stick to local, I think MC has the Antec Earthwatts 650W for a decent price.

$78 plus tax.

Another good choice from Antec closer to the $50 price point would be the High Current Gamer 520W for $58 plus tax (again, if purchased locally at MC).

Back