Yahoo Faces Investor Mutiny as Asia Talks Unravel

HardOCP News

[H] News
Gee, I have no idea why this company is in so much trouble. Every time I hear the name "Yahoo" a picture of seagulls fighting over dumpster scraps pops into my head. And to think they turned down a $40B offer from Microsoft. :eek:

Yahoo's hopes for a fresh start under a new CEO faded Tuesday as its closely watched discussions to sell most of its Asian holdings unraveled and a frustrated shareholder announced that he will try to seize four seats on the struggling Internet company's board.

I pray to god Yahoo doesn't go under as I still use its email service.

This and the tin foil hat guys worried about google/ms stealing all their information are the only reason Yahoo sitll exists. The email client users should just switch already.... or ms make a tool that forwards every email in your yahoo inbox automatically to a hotmail account.

This and the tin foil hat guys worried about google/ms stealing all their information are the only reason Yahoo sitll exists. The email client users should just switch already.... or ms make a tool that forwards every email in your yahoo inbox automatically to a hotmail account.

Well... The only reason I have stuck with yahoo is because I started using it long before I started using gmail. If there was a function in which I could obtain a copy of every email in my yahoo inbox, I would not care if Yahoo went under.

Well... The only reason I have stuck with yahoo is because I started using it long before I started using gmail. If there was a function in which I could obtain a copy of every email in my yahoo inbox, I would not care if Yahoo went under.

Setup Thunderbird on your desktop computer. Create filters to match any you have on yahoo mail. Setup pop setting for yahoo on the Thunderbird sever settings. Download all mail on yahoo. Now you have all your email safely stored on a local hard drive.

I use yahoo for my domain so I really don't want to have rebuild code if I switch to another hosting provider. But if they go under I will.

Yahoo swallowed the poison pill over Microsoft. Choices and prospects are low. Seems to be getting worse.

The below bears repeating...This works on any email with gmail. It is a quick and efficient way to dump Yahoo and AOL to name a couple. There is a similar process for Office 365 for the ones who are paranoid about google knowing everything about you, not that another company knowing everything about you is any different..but still.

Disclaimer: I worked at Yahoo! from 2004 to last October; this is my opinion, not the company opinion.

The Microsoft deal would have been a nice payday for investors, but it would have been bad for everyone else (employees, users, Microsoft). The change in control severance package was a bullshit cash grab for people at the top, with enough for the lower level people to make it credible to claim it was for the regular employees. Honestly, I don't know why Microsoft thought it was a good idea in the first place: a) regulatory scrutiny; b) Microsoft hadn't made a profit on their online services ever, so they wanted to buy an established profitable online company with little growth? The Microsoft name wouldn't help Yahoo! grow.

I think the real problem with that Yahoo! has with investors is that it is no longer a high growth company, but refuses to admit it. If Yahoo! started giving a regular dividend like Microsoft did in 2003, I think they would attract a different investor group, that would be happy with good profits and not so much growth.

Back