Stuff That Didn't Make It Into Skyrim (But Should Have)

HardOCP News

[H] News
I have no idea why none of this stuff made it into the game. I have a suggestion for Bethesda....do these game jam things BEFORE the game ships! Free DLC pack anyone?

That was amazing. Some of that stuff, if put together into the game, would have made the game unbelievable. I'm hoping for patches...

Wow Bethesda, you need to give your employees free reign more often and get that stuff released.

I have little doubt that they will be monitoring feedback to this video and releasing many of these things as part of future DLC (but not for free).

Sometimes knowing what might have been in there can piss me off. I'm going to look anyway and hope for a DLC or nice expansion pack like Shivering Isles sometime.

Oh man I hope they add at least the water effects and seasonal foliage. If they are doable with a minimal to moderate performance hit then why not!?

Kinect shoult, spear, varied arrow types, lycoanthy tree.....so of the best ideas, nice

Look what we can do in a week! It's almost better than all we did in 5 years!

I love the water arrows. That's straight from the old Thief series.

/drooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

How did they not put any of that stuff in there. It all should have been in the game. If it took then a week to do it, then I don't understand why it wasn't there.

How did they not put any of that stuff in there. It all should have been in the game. If it took then a week to do it, then I don't understand why it wasn't there.

Completely agree. A lot of that stuff was really awesome.

I like the giant mudcrab. I always feel there should be something BIG in those northern waters while you swim around amounst the icebergs.

Prior to this video, I was 100% happy with Skyim.

In my eyes, Skyrim is now a disappointment.

Probably because it either upset the balance of the game, or was buggy as fuck and didn't actually work all that well.

As a software developer myself, I can single-handedly create something in just a few days that demonstrates that it's possible to do some really cool task that was hard before, but making it into a product the users won't bitch incessantly about takes ten to twenty times that long.

I'd pay for a DLC that included versions of all that, though, as long as it wasn't too buggy.

Almost every one of those is worthy of being put in the game.

Absolutely, they need to put that into DLC and re-release a Gold edition of the game that includes all this.

Almost every one of those is worthy of being put in the game.

Absolutely, they need to put that into DLC and re-release a Gold edition of the game that includes all this.

Or just release it for free, since that's what the mod community does (and usually does it better than Bethesda).

I'd be thrilled, for now, with a patch to fix the huge amount of bugs that exist in the game.

Having said that, that video shows off some really great stuff, but just because they can demo something after a week of unhindered/undirected development doesn't mean that the "functionality" shown in the video is 100% complete and bug free (yes I realize this was already mentioned but I think it needs to be hammered into everyone's brains a little more)...

Here's to hoping that in addition to this stuff Arrow crafting will be added!!!:D

Some of these things will never be included simply because they would be too much for the console.

Probably because it either upset the balance of the game, or was buggy as fuck and didn't actually work all that well.

As a software developer myself, I can single-handedly create something in just a few days that demonstrates that it's possible to do some really cool task that was hard before, but making it into a product the users won't bitch incessantly about takes ten to twenty times that long.

Some of these things will never be included simply because they would be too much for the console.

So there are voices of reason and logic that exist. These reasons are the first ones0 I thought of as to the "Why they didn't include this stuff" question that kept being asked. But it does look pretty sweet and I'm not a fan of the game.

Back