6903/6904 Question

jmossman

n00b
I recently built a 4p dodeca 6174 and have just gotten it fully functional. The problem is I've been running it several days and am only getting 6900's, no 6903/04's. Though I'm still happy with 300K PPD, I would LOVE to get more lol. I must be doing something wrong.

Currently I'm running -smp -bigadv -verbosity 9 flags. Tried taking the -smp flag off, but kept getting A3 WU's. I'm running Ubuntu 10.10 w/ kernel 2.6.35-22 generic, and I have 'big' packets on, and -advmeth off.

I assumed since it was getting 6900's that eventually it would pick up something better. If anyone could help I would really appreciate it. Thnx!

How long have you had it running?

I have gotten 6901s for the last couple days. Sometime soon 6903/4s will show up. All depends on what is in the server stack.

I would try using -smp 48 instead of just plain SMP. I remember back when Sandys could fold bigadv, I had better luck getting what I wanted...

All mine run the -bigbeta flag instead of -bigadv. This should make no difference, but maybe.

I tried changing from -bigadv to -bigbeta flag about 5 or 6 days ago but still kept getting 6900. I originally had a 2p setup and ran it maybe 10 days w/ no luck. Now as a 4p I think I've had it going 5 days maybe. I'll try the -smp 48 and see what happens. I really just wanted to know if there was something I'm doing wrong lol. I guess my luck is just bad. Thanks guys, appreciate it.

If the -48 doesn't work I might sugguest del the work folder (after the current WU is done) and reinstalling the client. See if that helps.

Yep using a passkey, same one I run on other machines. I've deleted the WU folder and the queue file. I'm getting nonstop 6900's and doing 6:30 TPF, so still great points. Honestly it's very possible it's bad luck I think.

Yep using a passkey, same one I run on other machines. I've deleted the WU folder and the queue file. I'm getting nonstop 6900's and doing 6:30 TPF, so still great points. Honestly it's very possible it's bad luck I think.

6903/04 seem to be in shorter supply at the moment, my rigs have had a mixed bag of 6901/03/04 over the last week where as they used to get 6903/04 all the time

My last two units have been 6901s but before that I was getting 6903 on my 4p, linux, -smp -bigadv -bigbeta

Both of my rigs are using the -bigadv and -smp flags and the majority of WUs I'm getting are 6903s and 6904s.

I'm running 2P 6176SE in Ubuntu 10.10 with -smp -bigadv and here's the last 10 from my queue.

Server5-SMP_20120125.png

Back