Antec Unveils the Three Hundred Two Enclosure

HardOCP News

[H] News
Antec Inc., the global leader in high-performance computer components, announces the Three Hundred Two enclosure, the latest addition to their Gaming Series. This sleek, black chassis is designed to handle today’s and tomorrow’s high-performance systems that are custom built for gamers from the inside-out. The Three Hundred Two enclosure is perfect for gamers, system integrators and casual builders alike because of its extensive cooling advantages and expandability.

some decent improvements over the old 300 as long as the price stays the same it is worth it. i have used this case for many customer builds i usually ad some sound material to the builds.

Never cared much for 3dGameMan's samey video reviews. Nice budget case, though.

List of changes:

Left side, top and rear exhaust fanmounts appear to be the same.
Cutout and right panel fanmout added for behind CPU mount exhaust.
Cutout holes for cable routing added. Space behind motherboard tray widened slightly.
3 1/2" bays rotated 90 degrees.
3 1/2" bays require rails now. (A big mistake considering the 5 1/4" bays are toolless)
PSU now has an exhaust cutout with filter.
Front 120mm fan cages now completely gone. (Another huge mistake)
Two water cooling hose holes on top near 140mm top fan mount.
Two top front USB ports are now USB3 instead of USB2.
Expansion card bracket screwholes now OUTSIDE of the case.
Built in fans have speed switches mounted to the top rear of case.

Despite the improvements, the case seems worse to me overall compared with the original 300.

Holy crap, the hard drive bay is finally sideways!!!

...Wait, what now Antec spent the money on changing the bay orientation, they can't afford to paint the damn chassis...and what is with the horrible side panel vents on both sides?

Not sure how much this thing is going for, but I'm guessing anywhere from $50-100, I'd take a Coolermaster HAF X, a Thermaltake V9, or a Fractal R3 before the Antec offering.

Case is $60....and for what it offers isn't a bad choice for the price. The only thing they should have done without is the stupid fan mount behind the mobo tray...that, I don't get.

Heck I love my 5 year? old Antec aluminum P190's. I never see a need to change!

Holy crap, the hard drive bay is finally sideways!!!

...Wait, what now Antec spent the money on changing the bay orientation, they can't afford to paint the damn chassis...and what is with the horrible side panel vents on both sides?

yeah how could they not paint the interior.....

I had high hopes after the new 1100 and P280

unimpressed

I love my Threehundred. Its been a great case. I wish it had a little more room now that Im wanting to get into water cooling and dont really relish the idea of having to take everything out and swap it into a bigger case, but its been a great one for me to learn on since I became addicted to this stuff back in 2009.

Hope they add a cutout for the motherboad backplate so you dont have to take your mobo out if you want to add a big aftermarket CPU cooler. That should be a standard feature on all cases if you ask me.

People complaining about the lack of interior paint... uh, this case doesn't have windows. How often are you going to be looking INSIDE your box? Please.

Yeah I have no problem with no interior paint. Nobody ever sees the inside of my case except for the wife when Ive got everything laid out on the kitchen table changing shit out.

People complaining about the lack of interior paint... uh, this case doesn't have windows. How often are you going to be looking INSIDE your box? Please.

So your okay with the bare metal (look more out of place than a gay pride parade at a biker bar), back of the chassis then?

Still don't get the vent on the side behind the board tray?

So your okay with the bare metal (look more out of place than a gay pride parade at a biker bar), back of the chassis then?

And how often are you staring at the back of your case when it's in place?

Still don't get the vent on the side behind the board tray?

3lRwH.png

I guess you couldn't be bothered to watch the video.

Interior paint comes with the cases priced 3-4x more than this one, sorry :p

that backside fan mount looks silly

i also like the original 300 better

And how often are you staring at the back of your case when it's in place?

3lRwH.png

I guess you couldn't be bothered to watch the video.

I must have done, otherwise why would I mention the uselessness of the unfiltered vent being there?

Great I can suck dirty air into the side of my case, and get it all over the back of the motherboard making an unimportant issue, into an issue (if you have a decent air cooled/water cooled CPU heatsink, there really isn't a need for this back plate intake)?

It could be used as an exhaust. Pull heat from the back of the CPU socket. Not sure how much heat there actually is on the back of the CPU socket though.

Back