Must See Video of the Day

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
This has been making the internet rounds in the last few days so to add a little class to the forum we present a classical violinist making lemonade out of lemons…..without missing a beat.:D When someone in the audience left his cellphone on ring, our intrepid soloist picked up the Nokia ringtone tune and ran with it to the pleasure of his audience. :cool:

Nice of him to direct attention to the offender without going down there and choking bitches like Wayne Brady.

Well you look where he's playing, that's a place that you can't buy a ticket to, so either it was in a music school and he knew them in some way, or these are some really rich people and you'll make fun of them lightly.

I was just watching violin videos, headed back to [H] and this was waiting for me!

Cellphones are rude. But it happens. That guy has a million points of respect from me for going along with it and providing some extra entertainment :)

in our local classical concert hall (Bridegwater HAl, Manchester UK), we have an audio announcement like the cinema asking to turn phones off

Hi All,
Just a heads up to everyone that the musician is not playing a violin, but rather a viola.

Not if it was planned. :cool:

The way he played the melody back didn't really sound clean/rehearsed, which leads me to believe it was not rehearsed. Impressive nonetheless.

The guy seems like a top notch soloist playing in an incredible performance space. I doubt he is going to turn to some BS nonsense like preplanning a cell phone interruption and playing back the melody to get famous.

Yet another example of why Cellphone Jammers should be mandatory and legal in any theatre/performance hall. Some people are just too inconsiderate to be bothered to respect anyone else.

It amazes me how RUDE people and refuse to turn their cell phones off in Church or in auditoriums where it would obviously be very distracting to hear a loud ring tone.
Once in a Church service I was attending a cell rang with a loud ring tone and the guy didn't miss a beat and answered it talking loudly right during the service! The pastor stopped the sermon and glared at the guy who was babbling on oblivious that he was a disruption. The guy looked around and everyone was looking at him. The pastor said "Are you finished? Can we continue?"
They have signed all over the place stating "Turn off all cell phones, pagers, and portable electronics before entering the sanctuary" Obviously this didn't apply to this guy. :rolleyes:

It used to be that people receiving calls in theaters would suddenly become embarrassed, quietly apologize, and turn off the phone. The remainder of the audience with cell phones would then do the same. Today they not only answer, they yell into it (Why do so many people yell at their phones? The microphones aren't all that horrible so long as you aren't this side of a shuttle launch.). Then, when people stare back in frustration and anger they just give the audience the finger and then complain about how people are mad about their answering of the cell phone. People are absolutely incredulous in behavior and self-absorbed.

Once the phone rang, I was eating for the Spinosaurus to pop up and eat him or poop on him.
Spinosaurus1DBa.png

Yet another example of why Cellphone Jammers should be mandatory and legal in any theatre/performance hall. Some people are just too inconsiderate to be bothered to respect anyone else.

Libraries and planes/trains and my office! God YES!!! :D

Fake viral, trying to get more interest in Nokia to coincide with the new WP7 rollouts of the Lumia series.

It amazes me how RUDE people and refuse to turn their cell phones off in Church or in auditoriums where it would obviously be very distracting to hear a loud ring tone.
Once in a Church service I was attending a cell rang with a loud ring tone and the guy didn't miss a beat and answered it talking loudly right during the service! The pastor stopped the sermon and glared at the guy who was babbling on oblivious that he was a disruption. The guy looked around and everyone was looking at him. The pastor said "Are you finished? Can we continue?"
They have signed all over the place stating "Turn off all cell phones, pagers, and portable electronics before entering the sanctuary" Obviously this didn't apply to this guy. :rolleyes:

here is a TV commercial about the exact same thing but in another place http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6m5ntaacNPQ

If that's real as in not staged, wow, great job on thinking on his feet by the violinist.

You could tell he was pretty annoyed. His intent was to play it off...literally.

I didn't buy it.

I could feel his anger.

This applies:
watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png

This story reminds me of the story (that was referenced) in the article where a NY orchestra conductor stopped the performance in midstream b/c some guy near the front had the default iPhone ringtone at full volume going off. I bet that iPhone guy would've been perfect for one of those "Wanna get away?" commercial. :D :rolleyes:

Back