Corsair Individual Sleeved Modular PSU Cables - Now Available

WorldExclusive

[H]F Junkie
via OCN

Corsair Silently Launches Individual Sleeved Modular PSU Cables
http://www.maximum-tech.net/corsair-silently-launches-individual-sleeved-modular-psu-cables-8735/

Syjfi.jpg

Corsair initially is releasing individually wrapped PSU cable kits for the following power supplies:
Gold AX1200
AX850/AX750/AX650
Professional Series HX, Enthusiast Series TXM Series
These individually wrapped PSU cables come in black, blue, red and white colors for the kit & the price ranges from $79.99 to $99.99.

Store:
http://www.corsair.com/power-supply-units/psu-accessories.html

These are complete cable kits that replaces your current factory cables. Red, Black, White and Blue colors are available.

they look awesome - not sure how quality/prices match up with other high end sleeves though

Wish they had these offered when I originally bought my AX850.

Also, how much longer until they just bring out special edition units that come pre-sleeved like this?

wow, at the point, why not do it right and make your cable harness custom and use all the same color wire, with no sleeves necessary. Individual Sleeved looks extra bulky IMO.

Are they insane with those prices? I bought the NZXT cable extensions for my FT02 build and it cost no where close to that, like 25 bucks tops. My build looks just as clean as the one in the photo

I dont think that photo presents them very well... So they look kind of untidy and not set up properly which probably makes them look much more bulky than they actually are.

The price is still a little high, but I suppose these are direct connections rather than the braided "extension" cables, so will be longer and neater. Would be nice if they came in purple, nothing ever does! So back to my candles and knives. :D

I value my time so this is great. It would have taken me 12 hours to sleeve my entire PSU.

wow, at the point, why not do it right and make your cable harness custom and use all the same color wire, with no sleeves necessary. Individual Sleeved looks extra bulky IMO.

They do, the cable/wire color on all of the AX PSUs are black.

I expect the prices to be less when other resellers get them. I recall seeing 8gb of vengeance for $120 on their site.

Are they insane with those prices? I bought the NZXT cable extensions for my FT02 build and it cost no where close to that, like 25 bucks tops. My build looks just as clean as the one in the photo

$25 for what cables? The NZXT cables run fomr $7-$10 each, depending on what you get. I priced out everything included in the Corsair kit if you went for NZXT cables instead:

ATX Connector - $10
ATX 12v - $8
2x PCI-E - $12
2x SATA - $16
2x Molex - $14

= $60, for what Corsair lists for $90. Might be worth it to some, especially to have cables that go straight to their PSU instead of using extensions.

$25 for what cables? The NZXT cables run fomr $7-$10 each, depending on what you get. I priced out everything included in the Corsair kit if you went for NZXT cables instead:

ATX Connector - $10
ATX 12v - $8
2x PCI-E - $12
2x SATA - $16
2x Molex - $14

= $60, for what Corsair lists for $90. Might be worth it to some, especially to have cables that go straight to their PSU instead of using extensions.

Amen! I didn't see the point of extensions since all they do is add more cluter to your wires. This will be great for my AX850.

Great idea, move CORSAIR!

Neat. I'm glad they offered this service for the HX line as well. Unfortunately, my "old" HX1000 kit doesn't qualify, but I kind of figured as much. That said, I wonder if they'll offer multiple-color kits too? Multiple shades of a color perhaps, or something like red, white, and blue? Greed and/or purple? I guess if it proves a desirable upgrade Corsair will expand it. The only possible sticking point is the price. For half that price I think it would be easily on most enthusiast's upgrade lists.

Good work again, Corsair! I already planned to upgrade to AX1200 if I ever needed an upgrade and having professionally built individually sleeved cables is a nice option to place Corsair above the rest of the pack aesthetically.

If I was still in college I would have sleeved mine myself. I value my time now so this is definitely an option for me. This plug directly to your PSU right? Are these the only ones that does that? Or are there 3rd parties as well. I don't want no stinking extensions.

These cables look amazing! would fit right in with my AX850 and the red kit with Rampage 4 Red and Black color scheme yay!;) Only thing is they are dedicated and most likely will not work with the platinum Corsair PSUs due out this year, so would end up buying a new set. Hey Corsair! Release the new PSUs!!! ...and cable kits to match at the same time! I only have 6 years of warranty left on my AX850, I better start planning, hehehe!;)

...are they just placating us with these cables? Me thinks so, and its working!

Last edited:

ATX Connector - $10
ATX 12v - $8
2x PCI-E - $12
2x SATA - $16
2x Molex - $14

I have some of the NZXT extensions, black is well done; but their white is shit, period. The heatshrink has letters in white and the sleeving is cheap, you can see through it.

These Corsair look well done, and as someone else said, are NOT extensions, so they would be less to deal with from a management standpoint.

I just finished individually sleeving my Corsair AX 1200 with MDPC-X sleeving and shrink, while it was really fun, it took me 4 months to complete and a shit load of sleeving......around 30 meters.

I wish I had seen this sooner, it might be worth $100, but I know my sleeving is THE best quality available.:D

Hats off to Corsair, great idea, as you expect from the leader.

I bought 3 sets. One set for my AX850 and two sets of TX850s.

It's nice to have "all new" sets of cables because now I'll be able to tell the cables apart from each other so I don't use AX cables with TX and vice versa.

I still say this takes all the fun out of it, kinda like per-made water blocks and rads.. but i'm old.

I still say this takes all the fun out of it, kinda like per-made water blocks and rads.. but i'm old.

Time = Money.

If you have the time, it saves money and you feel more "ownership" of the system because you have put more into it. I get it.

For me personally, I've simply reached the point where, if I have to choose between spending the time required to perform this mod or spending that same time playing my game of choice, I choose playing the game.

Also, in my case I have so many extra modular corsair cables laying around I dunno which ones go to which PSU. Now I'll be able to tell easily.

Additionally, I can now use my system wtih the pre-sleeved cables and manually re-sleeve the original cables in a different color in case I upgrade later and need a different color scheme.

I bought 3 sets. One set for my AX850 and two sets of TX850s.

It's nice to have "all new" sets of cables because now I'll be able to tell the cables apart from each other so I don't use AX cables with TX and vice versa.

Where did you buy them at?

Where did you buy them at?

I ordered through Corsair's site. Should be shipping out today...

Partial email I received in response:

We wanted to let you know that Order #xxxxxxxxx has been successfully charged to your credit card. Order verification is complete, and your items will be shipping immediately. You can check the status of your order by logging into your account. If you have any questions about your order please call us at 1-510-657-8747, Monday–Friday, 8am–5PM PT.

Neat. I'm glad they offered this service for the HX line as well. Unfortunately, my "old" HX1000 kit doesn't qualify, but I kind of figured as much. That said, I wonder if they'll offer multiple-color kits too? Multiple shades of a color perhaps, or something like red, white, and blue? Greed and/or purple? I guess if it proves a desirable upgrade Corsair will expand it. The only possible sticking point is the price. For half that price I think it would be easily on most enthusiast's upgrade lists.

Good work again, Corsair! I already planned to upgrade to AX1200 if I ever needed an upgrade and having professionally built individually sleeved cables is a nice option to place Corsair above the rest of the pack aesthetically.

HX1000 uses the same cables as HX1050.

The price is kind of ridiculous, but i guess its good for lazy people :D

Expenses to make you own single braded cables.......

1) MDPC-X sleeving: 10 meters = 15 dollars

2) MDPC-X heatshrink: 1 meter = 5 dollars

3) most connector ends, can be purchased through Frozen-cpu : 1-4 dollars each

4) MDPC-X crimping tool.....the best tool that you can buy for crimping cable pins.....50 dollars

5) Pins for cable ends......good quality from MDPC-X......50 for 5 dollars......

So for the first set up in cabling your own PSU or making extensions.....with only a minimal of materials you already have about 100 dollars spent.....not to mention your time.

also need alot more than 10 meters of sleeving

Would be nice if they sold the cables also individually, So you could mix and match the colors if you so desired.

Anyone know if the ones from the AX750 will work with the Seasonic X750? I know the PSU's are supposed to be identical but are the cables interchangeable? would love to get a set of the reds to go with my Maximus Gene-Z mobo. Have a mATX case which makes using extensions really undesirable.

doubtful, because from what ive read, corsair psu cables are wired differently or something.

like you cant use the ax850 cables with a ax1200 or ax1200 cables with a hx1000 psu.

Anyone know if the ones from the AX750 will work with the Seasonic X750? I know the PSU's are supposed to be identical but are the cables interchangeable? would love to get a set of the reds to go with my Maximus Gene-Z mobo. Have a mATX case which makes using extensions really undesirable.

I was wondering the exact same thing...

i have a seasonic 1000w platinum and was looking for a way out of sleeving my 24pin ATX cable, just this one cable due to the plug having multiple cross-over and split wires btw the PSU side and MB side of modular cable. in short this one cable is a nightmare to attempt sleeving the wires individually.

i know many of the corsair units are rebadged seasonics. had a quick look at the pinout of the AX1200 and my seasonic 1000 platinum and it looks like the ATX cable on the corsair is incompatible to the seasonic unit (corsair has 10+14 pin cable PSU side and the seasonic has 10+18 pin cable PSU side), bugger. all the other cables are compatible (SATA and PCIe).

wonder if they have a sleeve job for the 24pin cable that matches my seasonic. don't have time to check now, will have to check out when i get home. paying $90 for this 1 cable would be worth it i recon. if not available just have to do it the hard way is guess. sigh.

i have a seasonic 1000w platinum and was looking for a way out of sleeving my 24pin ATX cable, just this one cable due to the plug having multiple cross-over and split wires btw the PSU side and MB side of modular cable. in short this one cable is a nightmare to attempt sleeving the wires individually.

i know many of the corsair units are rebadged seasonics. had a quick look at the pinout of the AX1200 and my seasonic 1000 platinum and it looks like the ATX cable on the corsair is incompatible to the seasonic unit (corsair has 10+14 pin cable PSU side and the seasonic has 10+18 pin cable PSU side), bugger. all the other cables are compatible (SATA and PCIe).

wonder if they have a sleeve job for the 24pin cable that matches my seasonic. don't have time to check now, will have to check out when i get home. paying $90 for this 1 cable would be worth it i recon. if not available just have to do it the hard way is guess. sigh.

I have some seasonic platinum spare cables I can sell very cheap and you can use to practice on those. I have the 24pin, 2 sets of pcie, 4pin and 8pin from the same psu.

Its this PSU I had previous: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151105

doubtful, because from what ive read, corsair psu cables are wired differently or something.

like you cant use the ax850 cables with a ax1200 or ax1200 cables with a hx1000 psu.

Yeah but thats because the once you go over ax850 the PSU's are made by CWT not Seasonic hence why you cant change cables between those two PSU's..

The AX750 and X750 are both made by Seasonic. I was just wondering if the cables are also interchangeable.

Corsair - taking the Yourself out of Do It Yourself
And replacing it with Foxconn workers

I got three sets of wires for my Ax1200.One came with it originally.One they sent because some wires fried.And the last one I got when my Psu blew.They sent me a brand new one which took about a month or so to get it to me.

Back